x

Daily Inventory Reporting

Hi all! I am wanting to set up a daily report that shows what items have been removed from inventory? While we sell in store and online, we also sell live on Instagram. When an item sells on IG we want to be able to remove it from the Square inventory and then get a daily report at close of business that shows all inventory changes.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @pskell02 - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

In Square for Retail, when you manually adjust your stock, accept a purchase order, or make a sale, your History log will reflect each adjustment. Your History log is intended to give you a detailed account of your current inventory levels by listing out each stock adjustment. You can read more about Square for Retail's advanced reporting here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 😊

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@pskell02 ;

Not sure how you currently connect your IG sales to Square but there are integrations with Square. 

https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace/search?query=instagram 

The integration may show these inventory reductions to Square inventory when they happen or when they update at a certain time depending on the Integration you use and the settings for them.  The more often an integration checks these systems or adjusts things adds to the price of integrations or could have limits from my research on different integrations.   So check the pricing of this when deciding on an integration if you go that route.  I do my sales integrations by manually downloading csv files, and using Excel Power Query automations to merge the data and update quantities in Square with csv files.

As for seeing a history of changes to your inventory follow what _Violet has told you, my suggestion is based more on getting your data from IG to Square.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3