x

Delete automatically created variation items

I have never had my inventory computerized, so I created the majority of my inventory using the auto-create method with a barcode scanner. When I was done and going through trying to refine things with pictures and better descriptions for the online store, I started to notice a lot of items with variations. I did not create them. As I am rescanning some paints to have the color in the name of the item, I noticed that the variation must have been automatically created from the beginning. What led me to think that was the case was a paint named Winsor Blue had just Winsor in the name and a variation for blue. I cannot find any way to delete the variation. I see the button to edit the variation, but no way to get rid of it. The variation is all the same gtin and sku as the item, so it is redundant.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

To the far right of the variation, you should see 3 dots ... , click that and you should see delete.
Does it give you a "regular" variation also? I haven't tried the auto-create, but I would assume it gives you the same options. 
If there isn't more than 1 variation, then it defaults to the regular, or whatever variation is left when you delete the others.

Message 2 of 3

Edit the variation and delete the name/title.  That removes the variation.

Message 3 of 3