x

Inventory - new items not showing up online

I have added 4 new items via the "online>items>site items" page.  I have updated their inventory under the "variations" section as I have done in the past..if I am remembering correctly.  The stock doesn't show up on the list view as the other items show stock.  When I go to my dashboard and look at the same list under the "item library" i see the stock as it should be but when I go to my online shop they are not there at all.  Can someone suggest what I may be doing wrong?  Please. 🐵

Perhaps I'm not adding them correctly?  The rest of the shop was added in this manner with no issues 7 months ago.

Thanks -- Scott

Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, there is a known Square sync issue.  If you are adding items during the busiest time of the day the sync / lag will be longer.  You can check them later and they should display correctly.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

I'm having the same issue today. I'm hoping it's just a bug and will be fixed soon. Was going to launch a new hat. 😞

Message 22 of 49

Ugh, I'm sorry to hear that. But it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one having the issue--so maybe it is some kind of bug on their end. I just tried deleting the item and starting over and it's still not working. I have a link to the item and can see it if I paste that in the browser, but it doesn't populate in the menus as being part of the store. To me, that must mean it's an issue on their end.

Message 23 of 49

It seems like their site is really lagging. My products finally updated after over an hour of trying. Best of luck with yours!

Message 24 of 49
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, @corpsewalker & @clydeguy 

I'm very sorry to hear you both ran into this sync delay. We actually did experience a known issue or bug that was causing this. It was resolved fairly quickly, but there was quite a big queue that was delayed causing those longer sync times.

Everything should be resolved now and back to order, but please feel free to chime in here again if you are still having trouble. 

For future reference, you can check the Square status page here

Message 25 of 49

I'm still having an issue. I couldn't get the item to load online when Square was having issues, so I deleted it and made it again (with a slightly different title), and now I have both versions of it showing in my public store.

On the dashboard, I only have one listed, so I have no option to try to delete the one I deleted before again. In other words, my public-facing site has 6 items, and my dashboard says I have 5. How do I fix this now?

Message 26 of 49

Hi @jwickman 👋 

I just spoke with another seller on here that has the exact same problem. I think this may be related to the syncing issues yesterday, but I'm going to try to find out more information 

In the meantime I can try re-indexing your website for you. Can you please confirm the URL?

Thanks!

Message 27 of 49

Okay, that would make sense. When I click on the item that should have been deleted, I get an Error 404 message. But it still shows up on the site in the list of items.  Here's the URL https://johanna-wickman.square.site/

Message 28 of 49

Perfect, thank you. I've just initiated the re-index for you. I have seen sites update after a re-index in as little as 1-2 minutes, up to 24 hours. It's pretty rare to take that long, and I'm hoping to hear more information about this current report of deleted items still appearing on the live site.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something! 

Message 29 of 49

Hi, thanks for trying a re-index on the site! Unfortunately, the duplicate item is still showing up on the site, and giving an error 404 message, and it is not showing up on my dashboard where I can do anything with it. Do you have any other suggestions on how to remove the item? Thanks!

Message 30 of 49

I was really hoping that would help! 🧐 

I'm checking with the teams right now to see if there is a step to the re-indexing that I may be overlooking, OR if there is a residual bug from the sync issue a few days ago. 🤞

Message 31 of 49

Okay, thank you! I appreciate the help. I'm not sure what to do to fix it on my end since the item I need deleted does not show up on my dashboard for me to do anything with it. Hopefully the teams will have an idea on how to address it!

Message 32 of 49

You're welcome! While we wait to hear  back, can you please re-publish your website? 

Message 33 of 49

I just re-published the site and made a minor text change, which updated on the website. But the duplicate item is still there.

Message 34 of 49

Hi, @jwickman 👋 

It looks like the bug is resolved, and all sites should be displaying items properly, however, I think I still see the deleted image with the word "Engraving" in the item title. Is that correct? 

I'm escalating this to the advanced support team to see if this is related to the same issue from last week, or if it is a bug specific to your website. 

Message 35 of 49

Hi! Yes, the one with "engraving" in the title is the one that needs to be deleted, that I have no way to delete. It's still showing up when I look at the site too. Thanks for all your help!

Message 36 of 49

You're welcome, @jwickman! Great news! The deleted item is no longer showing on your website. Please let me know if you still see it from your end, and a browser refresh does not help. 😊

Message 37 of 49

It seems to be gone on my end too! Thank you so much for all of your help!! I really appreciate it!

Message 38 of 49

Yay! 🎉

Message 39 of 49

I am having the same issue and have checked all these and it's still not showing my newest item. I can't get a human to take to either. Very frustrating and many hours spent trying to fix it with nothing but robots and automated messages. How does anyone talk to a human to help?!

Message 40 of 49

I have the same issues. my stock count is not showing. I have to manually go in to each size and "update stock" a few times for it to sync. I switched to square online thinking it would make updating my stock easier from my POS. Unfortunately, it has not worked once in the past month i switched and I have been at least 4 calls with "support" and no-one can help me fix it. Support tells me it take 24 hours for the sync from Square POS to square online, noting happens so i call back and they "escalate' it. Then no-one follows up with any support.  I will be moving to Shopify if this isn't fixed.

Message 41 of 49

It is now July 28, 2023 and the exact issues persists.

Even creating duplicate items via the featured items module because none of the items I've previously created appear. Most recently created item shows 7/15 despite new items having been created. Same story about get a rep on the phone. Chat is unreliable and long lag. I own three restaurants using square and everyone around me is switching to Toast. 

Message 42 of 49