x

"Print Labels" in bulk

Printing labels in Square for Retail is totally manual and frustrating.  For each item, I have to type in the name or SKU, update the quantity, and then move to the next line.  When I have 5 labels, it's no biggie but when I have 50, 100, or more labels to print, it's a horrible user experience.  Is this really the only option or is there some other tool or process that I'm missing?

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Got it, yes if you don't have that information in there you will have to keep adding it. I wish there was a way to import a spreadsheet.

You can certainly submit a feature request on our Ideate Board and that is something our team can look into, and based on customer feedback maybe implement it down the road. Please keep in mind a submission to ideate does not guarantee a feature will be implemented. 

I am sorry there isn't a better solution for now. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @bburkhard3  - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

When I tested this on the demo account if the item already has a SKU and quantity in the item details when I go to print labels I do not have to enter the SKU and quantity again. 

In order to get a better idea of what you are experiencing can you please provide a video of what is occurring? 

Message 2 of 7

I don't maintain inventory numbers in Square; when something comes in that needs a label, I just create at that time.  The issue is that if I have 50 SKUs that need labels, I have to copy/past each SKU into the Print Labels screen (i.e. "Add Item"); there's no way to input via a spreadsheet or paste multiple rows at the same time.

PrintLabels.png

Message 3 of 7

Best Answer

Got it, yes if you don't have that information in there you will have to keep adding it. I wish there was a way to import a spreadsheet.

You can certainly submit a feature request on our Ideate Board and that is something our team can look into, and based on customer feedback maybe implement it down the road. Please keep in mind a submission to ideate does not guarantee a feature will be implemented. 

I am sorry there isn't a better solution for now. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 7

Message 5 of 7

If anyone else has the same experience, please go to the Ideate Board link above and Like the idea please.  Nothing will happen otherwise and this is really a poor user experience.

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Hi@bburkhard3 ,

Do to the limitations of printing labels within Square, I just started looking into creating labels with the free online Design and Print software from Avery. In my case it is because I want to include additional item/variation information, change font sizes, etc. The software allows importing from a spreadsheet, so it might end up being an interim solution that you can use.

The https://www.avery.com/software/design-and-print/ URL will get you directly to the page where you can choose to start a new label design or watch a demo. You can also search for additional help to walk through options like adding bar codes, etc.

Good luck!

Regards,

Patti

Patti
Owner
TwinkleToes Dance Store
Message 7 of 7