x
Beta Member

2 square apps and the chip reader

Has anyone had a problem running both the square register and square appointments app on the same device with the chip reader?  If I have both apps downloaded they both fight for the chip reader then it ends up disconnected to both and I have to reconnect all over again.  I cant use just one app I need both and since the appointment app does not have tickets and the register app doesn't carry the calendar I need both and both to work together with my chip reader.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Jumping in for @Alex_ here!

It's not possible to connect one contactless and chip card reader to multiple devices - or in this situation, multiple applications - at the same time. For the setup you've described, you should have the contactless and chip reader connected to only one app at a time.

However, you should be able to use Open Tickets through the Square Appointments app. You'll open up the Square Appointments app, then head to Settings > Open Tickets > toggle ON Enable Open Tickets. Once you have this enabled, you'll just open up the Checkout tab from the menu in the Appointments app. Hope this helps! 🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @Windswept-garde,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Happy to help look into this for you. By Square Register, do you mean that you are you using the all in one system with a customer display, or an iPad with stand combo?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

we have a tablet that uses the bluetooth to connect to the reader.  A printer for reciepts that uses the usb and a cash drawer that goes thru the printer.  Definetly amake shift system but works fine as long as i dont have both apps downloaded onto the tablet.  When we do the chip reader is always trying to connect or disconeccted completly.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Jumping in for @Alex_ here!

It's not possible to connect one contactless and chip card reader to multiple devices - or in this situation, multiple applications - at the same time. For the setup you've described, you should have the contactless and chip reader connected to only one app at a time.

However, you should be able to use Open Tickets through the Square Appointments app. You'll open up the Square Appointments app, then head to Settings > Open Tickets > toggle ON Enable Open Tickets. Once you have this enabled, you'll just open up the Checkout tab from the menu in the Appointments app. Hope this helps! 🙌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Thank you so much...  Now i can just  use the appointments app I forgot about having to turn it on on every device.

Message 5 of 5