x

SSL with Custom Domain

We were using ourdomain.square.site and just switched to our custom domain, with the A NAME record hosted at another service provider because we have our email there.

However, now when going to our site, customer see:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.CustomDomain.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Subject: *.editmysite.com

Issuer: Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA

Expires on: Mar 5, 2022

Current date: May 2, 2020

This basically shuts down our store and now we are not able to even go back to ourdomain.square.site since we purchase the upgrade. 

Help!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello 👋 @20SF.

Thanks for reaching out again. Sounds like your website is not secure. Can I please get your websites URL (website address)? I'd be happy to look into this.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 10

I have set up my domain and am able to browse to it, however, it does not work under https. 

Does it take time to get the SSL cert applied to my domain?

houseofkrelo.com

Message 3 of 10

Hey there, @HouseOfKrelo

Yes, it can take time for the SSL cert, but to my knowledge it's usually 24-48 hours. If you are outside of that timeframe, try unpublishing and re-publishing your site. 

In the instance that doesn't work, please double check with your site's Registrar to make sure your site is pointed properly. Any changes that are made would require another unpublishing and re-publishing. 

After trying these steps and you're still seeing issues, please let me know!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 10

Site works just fin under non-SSL, so has nothing to do with my registrar.

Unpublished and re-published, no change

Domain was connected about 48 hours ago

Message 5 of 10

@HouseOfKrelo

Thank you for giving those steps a try. Since neither of those worked, I am going to recommend reaching out to our Weebly Team or CS Team directly. This would allow this to take a deeper dive into the certificate issue you're still seeing. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 10

Both places you just recommended link back to square for support, so please advise how I reach out to either of these places, when it looks like I cannot contact either individually for support

Message 7 of 10

Sorry for the confusion! Square Support is also Weebly Support, so you should be able to contact the team you need from going through the "contact us" flow. 

AshleyK
Message 8 of 10

I have the exact same problem. My marketing person convinced me to splurge for the $144 upgrade in order to use our custom domain, and now I'm getting the "your site is not secure."

My domain is VillageMusic.store

Message 9 of 10

I waited several hours and the issue resolved itself. 

Message 10 of 10