x

How do I reset my passcode?

I uninstalled my android register and reinstalled as prompted once I made changes via dashboard. Now I am locked out of my android register and blocked by a 4 digit numerical pass code. Help!

Message 1 of 36
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

[This post has been updated by AshleyK to match feature updates]

You can reset your passcode at anytime! Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). Next to Permissions, select Edit and then Generate next to your Point of Sale passcode. 

You can also choose to type in your own passcode if you would prefer a custom one.

From there you will be good to go! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
Square

Best Answer

[This post has been updated by AshleyK to match feature updates]

You can reset your passcode at anytime! Start by logging into your Square Dashboard and clicking on your Team tab, and selecting the employee that needs the new code (in this case, select your name). Next to Permissions, select Edit and then Generate next to your Point of Sale passcode. 

You can also choose to type in your own passcode if you would prefer a custom one.

From there you will be good to go! 

Message 2 of 36

The password isn’t the problem.

It’s all of the sudden not recognizing my PASSCODE!

And you must enter that to navigate or to access other important information!

Please HELP!!!!!

Message 3 of 36
Alumni

Hi @Jeffery - I merged your post here because the steps outlined within Kelly's answer above will allow you to change the passcode that you are referring to. You would need to do this within your online Dashboard on a computer, not the app.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 36

Thank you so much, I've been trying to figure this out for months!!!!!

Message 5 of 36

I need to reset my four digit code and I can't find anything in the settings to reset it

Message 6 of 36
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Danita713 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding how to update passcodes for employees. Take a look at this Best Answer for more info and steps on how to accomplish edits.

Let us know if anything else comes up! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 36

Okay but now what do we do if the team tab requires that 4 digit code? Lol.

It allows me to log in my profile (owner) but to manage even my team tab, I need the 4 digits. Oddly the same four log me in BUT doesn't work else where in the app. Driving me insane 

Message 8 of 36
Alumni

@Cod

The owner's passcode should give you access anywhere in the app. Log into Dashboard > Account & Settings > Personal Info to grab your code. 

If the app still gives you trouble accepting your passcode, try reinstalling the app. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 36

I am the owner and I can't even access anything without this code not even my personal information how do I reset it

Message 10 of 36

Hi @Jtp Welcome to the Community! 😊

Do you see the passcode if you click on Account Settings from the dropdown in the top right corner of your Square dashboard? You may need to scroll down, but it should be on Personal Settings page. 

Message 11 of 36

Same here did you find a solution that works

Message 12 of 36

Same problem. I'm owner.. not team member.. it's cc asking for a 4 digit passcode... Nothing works... I be tried a code that was generated for team member.. that doesn't work either. 

Grant

Message 13 of 36

Hi @Ionian1986,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble here! You can find the owner passcode in your Dashboard here. Please let us know how you go 😊 

Message 14 of 36

Yep.  That worked... What's this link called why can't I find without mining in a deep dark cave? 

Message 15 of 36

You can find the owner passcode in your Dashboard under Account & Settings > Personal Information > Sign in & Security. 

Message 16 of 36

I pressed the team tab but it's still asking for a pass code. I can't seem to get past that. 

Message 17 of 36
Admin

@Hthomas06 I wonder if in this instance you need to use the owner's passcode? If you're the account owner, this should be available here. Hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 18 of 36

Okay I can't do anything without this 4-Digit passcode so how do I reset it I can't even do anything with my settings

Message 19 of 36

I open the team tab and I'm still asked to put in the four digit code I can't do anything without it

Message 20 of 36

This still does not help. How do you reset your passcode if I and the only one that uses the account, so I dont have any employees,

Message 21 of 36