x

Apple Pay Not Working - Unable to Process Payment message

For some reason, Apple Pay has stopped working on my Square app. I use an iPAD. It used to work just fine. 

When the contactless reader is ready, the users hold their phone next to it. A quick beep sounds and a message saying "Unable to process payment" displays.

It almost appears as if the payment details aren't even being sent to Square. 

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Have you tried running through any troubleshooting steps yet, @amitramani?

It sounds like either your app or mobile device are in need of an update. You may also want to run through some of the tips on this page to rule out any app-related issues, then work through these tips to ensure your Square Reader for contactless and chip is running properly.

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly by logging into your account and heading to this page.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

@Valentina , thank you for the info. I have already tried these steps several times. 

I was hoping maybe someone else has run into this issue. Apple Pay used to work well earlier. It just stopped working lately. 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Our team may need to take a closer look with you - thank you so much for attempting some troubleshooting!

Please reach out when you have time, so we can help get things running smoothly for you again @amitramani

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4