x

Can an employee direct deposit for payroll be cancelled after scheduled?

I let and employee go after payroll was scheduled and need to cancel the direct deposit so that I can write the employee a final check within 48 hrs. Can one employee direct deposit for payroll be cancelled after scheduled?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @Sylvioyuba, sorry to see you haven't received a response yet! 

This will likely depend on few things, but if they were just let go, you can run an off-cycle payment to achieve this. Their pending direct deposit should be for the previous pay cycle of the week prior, in which case you wouldn't need to cancel it. The off-cycle payment would cover any remaining days from the current week. Does that make sense?

In any case, it may be best to contact us directly if you haven't already, and a Support team member can take a look at your account specifically.

Message 2 of 4

i calculated my employee's payroll wrong and after it was scheduled for direct deposit i hit "cancel payment". I re-did her payroll, and submitted the new one. They are BOTH showing up in the history, and BOTH checks apeear to be scheduled for debit. How can I be sure my employee isnt going to get two paychecks?? Help please!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble @a_platt!

If you haven't already, please contact us so our Support team can your account for you and help you fix this if needed. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4