x

Customers unable to add products to cart

Hello,

We have had a number of customers complain about being not being able to add products to their cart. Not all the products, but a few products receive an error message when trying to add to the cart.  The error reads - "There was an issue adding that product to your cart."  I don't know what the issue is with the product, does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

- Molli

Operator of Blacksmith Coffee

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @BlacksmithKafe 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome! So sorry to hear about the trouble some of your customers are experiencing when trying to add items to their cart.

At initial reading, this sounds like there may be an issue regarding the software your customers are using on the device that is accessing your Online Store. We have made a helpful general troubleshooting resource for the Dashboard that walks through users how to check to ensure their software is up to date for both their mobile browser as well as their device itself. It should be helpful for your customers here.

That should be a start! Give those steps a test try and let me know if you are still experiencing issues. I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 14

Hi, we are running into this issue also, but only on one product, and only through the online ordering area. All other products for online ordering are working great.

Message 3 of 14

Thanks for posting, @ronnienapolitan

This type of issue may require some one on one assistance from our support team

If you post a link to the item on your website we can take a peak, and let you know what the best course of action would be. 😊

Message 4 of 14

I am having the same problem. Sometimes, if the page is reloaded, it starts working again. This is killing us, people can't buy. It seems to affect all six of my "products" (selling seating for our synagogue services). This is the busiest week of the year for us.

I reproduced it, played with the item settings and modifiers, didn't seem to help. Reloading a couple of times and worked for me - but I walked a customer through the same thing over the phone, including the reload, and still the same failure.

Please help!

Start on this page, and click any of the six products:

https://vasikin.square.site/seats

Message 5 of 14

Hey @Dovid, As you can see below, I was able to add donation items to the cart without any issues. This can be a case-by-case scenario depending on the computer settings or internet blockers. If your customers continue to see the same problem, please give us a call so we can troubleshoot further.  

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 14

@sayra,

I called it in yesterday. A group of your team members tested it, and found t hat it would randomly sometimes allow the same product to work and sometimes give the error.

They think it is a bug with electronic delivery items, and turned pickup on and off to "reset" things. It appears to be working consistently now.

Message 7 of 14

Happy to hear that our team is looked into this. Did you get a case number? @Dovid

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 14

Case #: 66076288

Unfortunately, it is broken again. I think I'm going to have to change platforms.

Message 9 of 14

I just tested the site and I was able to load it okay. Did you test yourself, or did someone report it wasn't working again? Do you happen to know the exact item they are adding? Do you happen to know if they are using a mobile device, or using a desktop computer? 

Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

I am running into an issue with multiple items being shipped on our website I even had issues removing items from cart. I cleared cookies used different browsers and still find issues. www.ShopPetCentral.com I sent a message to support earlier this week and have not yet heard back.

Message 11 of 14

Hi @PetCentral - Thanks for stopping by The Seller Community with your concern.

Is this happening with every item on your site or just specific items, i'd like to give it a try on my end and see if i'm able to replicate the issue. If so, we're happy to get you with engineers that can help rectify this issue. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Message 12 of 14

It is fairly random. It has affected multiple products for multiple customers.

We're very seasonal, so I don't expect customers to hit these items until next September.

Message 13 of 14

Ria, and PetCentral I apologize, I thought Ria's response was directed at me. Please disregard.

Message 14 of 14