x

Discounts

When creating discounts I am only able to see those that are % on my dashboard.  All discounts created that are $ off are not showing up.

Any assistance would be great, thank you

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hi @BuzMoment 👋 It sounds like you created discounts here - is that right?

When looking for the $ Amount discounts in your Square Dashboard, where are you looking and not seeing them? Are you looking on the page linked above, or somewhere else?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hi Valentina,

I am having the same issue.  In Square Dashboard, all discounts (under items) are setup, both percentage and dollar.  

On the register side (Square App), in each item, the percentage discounts are available to toggle, but dollar amount discounts do not appear at all.  

How do we get dollar amount discounts to be accessible to our cashiers?

Thank you

Sibelle

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi there, @Dubsea 💧 

Dollar amount discounts are only able to be applied to the entire sale.

You can find dollar amount discounts within your Item Library > Discounts using your Square Point of Sale app!

At this time, it is not possible to apply a dollar amount discount to a specific item.
You would need to apply this discount to the sale itself.

What you could do instead is create a discount with a name related to the specific item you want to offer a discount on!
IE. $2 off shampoo

One more thing you may want to look into is the permission set(s) you've applied to your staff members.
If you have set up any restricted discounts, you'll want to make sure they are accessible to the correct folks!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4