x

Donation item missing on order page

I have created a donation item to be added to our online site.  I have added the item to our home page, but can't get it to show up on the order page.  I have added it and it shows up in the order page grid, but when I preview the site or publish it the donation item does not show up.  I have added other non donation items and they do show up.  Is there a reason why my donation item will not show up on the online order page?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @STJG! Welcome to the Seller Community. I just checked out your Online site- those are some good looking Lenten plates!

I'm seeing your "Makr a Donation to St. James" donation item at the bottom of your listings. Are you saying that you want it to show somewhere else? Or are you not seeing it at all on your Online home page?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 13

I believe I am having the same issue. I created an item "When Life Gives You Lemons" and the category "March Donation -Nourish LA". People donate what they can to benefit Nourish LA and I give them 6 lemons from my very abundant tree. The item and category show when I'm in the Website -> Edit Site section, but when I go to preview, it disappears. I've checked all the areas I can think of to see why this isn't showing up. Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hey @MortAndBettys

Welcome to the Seller Community What is your URL? I want to look into this for you 👀 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 13

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Thanks @MortAndBettys!

I actually don't see a donation item created. Are you going to Square Online > Items > Donation for item type?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 13
Admin

Sounds like you may have made a Checkout Link, which wouldn't show up on your site - just independently as a link @MortAndBettys 💫

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 7 of 13

Yes, the item title is "When Life Gives Your Lemons".

If I set it up as a link only, how do I change it to an item that will show up in my online store?

Message 8 of 13
Admin

You'll have to create the item within Square Online > Items > Create new item > Item Type: Donation, like in the image from my previous post @MortAndBettys

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 9 of 13

Ok, I am deleting the original item and starting over. Do I need to do anything with stock? I am not seeing it in the preview 😕

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Hey @MortAndBettys! Thanks for the quick reply. Just please make sure when you create the item in Square Online > Items, you're editing the item type to be a donation instead of a physical item. It shouldn't ask you for stock.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 13

Yes, that's what I did but it's still not working. I can see it on the edit page of the store, but when I hit preview it disappears. Are there any other settings that would be preventing this from showing up?

Thank you so much @isabelle for helping me with this! I appreciate it 🙂

Message 12 of 13
Admin

Oh no! Okay, well then maybe this is a bug. Please give our Support Team a call today so we can get this set up for you. I don't want you to miss out on any donations @MortAndBettys.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 13