x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

We couldn't agree more! We are currently looking into changing our entire platform to leave Square because of this exact thing. It has cost us a lot of time which is money contacting customers and and answering emails from people who can't figure out how to change the date (because its is AFTER they enter their payment information), etc, etc, etc. Square should be waiving the fees associated with online ordering until they fix these issues. Small businesses can not afford to wait for these small fixes!!!

Message 127 of 172

How do I choose a specific date for pickup?

Message 128 of 172
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community! I've merged your post to an existing thread where @Valentina has answered your question. Of course, if you have follow up questions don't hesitate to ask! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 129 of 172

Hello, I have a similar request to a previous post (seen below):

Smithward
Request - change text in Cart if customer can choose pickup time

In online store, even if we allow a customer to select a pickup time, the cart only says "Pickup from 5.30pm" (or whatever default time is). It's not until they're deep into checkout that they can see they're able to select a time.

If selecting a pickup time is turned on, the cart text should read something like "Pickup from 5.30pm or select a date and time during checkout"  "

My customers are EXTREMELY confused by not being able to change their pick up/delivery date or time until the final checkout screen. This is causing them not to place orders in advance and wait until last minute.

Please include text in the cart that says something about this, such as "Pickup from 5:30pm or select a date and time during checkout"

Thank you!

Message 130 of 172
Alumni

I understand how it would be beneficial for your customers to see their available pickup options before reaching the checkout screen, @GetCakedBakery - and appreciate you dropping by to share your experiences with this feature!

I moved your post to this thread, as this is where many others have brought up questions and shared feedback about the As soon as possible and Schedule for later options. We will definitely update this particular thread if/when changes are made to this specific aspect of the checkout flow.

Be sure to stay subscribed to receive an email notification when a new post is added here!

Valentina
Message 131 of 172
Beta Member

We would also like the customer to select the pick up/delivery date before check out. It is very confusing for some of our customers. If they could choose order method (delivery/pickup) and the wanted date at the same time that would be great.

Message 132 of 172
Alumni

Thanks for adding your vote to this feature request. We'll loop back here when there's good news to share - @ChefBobB

Justin
Message 133 of 172
Super Seller Alumni

It would be very wise to implement this soon. It is honestly horrendous how difficult it is for people to checkout. They don't even see the checkout calendar. Please fix this!

Message 134 of 172

I'm setting up my store, and have items added. I've edited my days and hours open, but the only option given for pickup when a customer completes an order is "Friday after 3:00". How do I give them the option of picking up on the other days that are available?

TIA

Message 135 of 172
Alumni

Hey @shelleypasco - sounds like you might have the option for customers to schedule their own pick up day disabled. Valentina explains how to enable it on this thread. I moved you so you could see the best answer! 

Justin
Message 136 of 172

We do all preorders and nothing without 48 hours notice. Is there a way to allow guests to order items and customize date and time pickup/delivery with these parameters?

Message 137 of 172
Alumni

@kylela5

Sure! Set your pick up prep time for 2 business days in Pickup & Delivery settings and make sure Scheduling is enabled. At checkout, your customers won't be able to schedule no earlier than 48 hours. 

Justin
Message 138 of 172
Beta Member

Hi, my BBQ business inventories all items daily and we sell out of most items daily.  I would like to offer scheduled orders, however ppl will schedule orders for the next day (or a week in advance)  messing up my daily inventory and showing us as 'sold out' for the day when we still have product in hand.  Is there a way to cap scheduled orders for same day only or is this feature in the works?

Message 139 of 172

@bob12 this is a feature request, but there are a few workarounds you may be able to find in the thread I've merged your post to. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 140 of 172

Hello,

We run a winery and sell take-home wine tasting boxes once a month from our square online store.  We need the ability to sell our tasting box item only on a specific 2-day window, once a month. Can you add a feature to allow items to be available for pickup or delivery *ONLY* on a specific day (or days) of the month?

Thanks!

Kevin 

Message 141 of 172

Hi @Kevin77! Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all of these feature requests in one place. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 142 of 172

Is there a way to change the pick up time when a customer is checking out?0CA57F61-1F10-46BC-9FCB-5CE307EE35E0.jpeg

Message 143 of 172

Hi @Kjoanne22 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how customers can select an ASAP pickup time or a later time.

Check out @Valentina's Best Answer above.

Ashley C
Message 144 of 172

We have an event coming up that is virtual and has a single curbside pick up day. The length of the event is almost 3 weeks long (November 15 through December 4th). However, the pick up is ONLY ALLOWED ON A SPECIFIC DATE (December 5th from 9-4pm). 

Is there a way for me to set it up in Square to only allow for pick up on this date? Short of having to go in a couple times to manually adjust so that it defaults to this date as it approaches?

Message 145 of 172

Hi @Lktaylor I've merged your post to an existing thread that should help answer your question. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 146 of 172

Hi -

Is there a way to set a date based pick up time? (on the admin side, not the customer side)

Our retail shop is closed for the winter, but will be open for a few weeks 11/27- 12/18.    We want to set pick up available as of 11/27.

Also, we are only selling 1 item online, so thinking it might be possible to set pick up at item level? 

Message 147 of 172