x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

Thank you Violet. I appreciate your response. 

I do have Square Online Plus but unfortunately, the approach you suggested doesn't seem like it would work for us.  We accept only pre-orders (no day-of orders) for that day. However, we don't want to limit people's ability to pre-order for other days. We accept online orders up to 15 days ahead.  I need to keep that functioning so we don't lose that option.  I just want to be able to limit which items will be available on one specific day. Otherwise, the menu is the same.

So far, the only solution I can think of is deactivating online orders for that day and taking orders by phone. This is not ideal as we have to manually send about 150 invoices.  

Thank you

Message 169 of 172
Square

@wingit1 the best solution for you might be to put your Thanksgiving preorders on new location. By putting the preorders on a separate location, you can set different restricted dates for regular menu items vs. the preorders.

To keep the ordering experience simple, it's also possible to link the locations to two different sites, and, to link out to the preorder site from the navigation menu of your main site. 

Message 170 of 172

That's a great idea!  Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Message 171 of 172

It USED to be set up so the customer could set their pickup day and time, but for some reason that got eliminated.  That was a very very important feature for my business as 90% of customers place their order during the week pickup their orders  on weekends!  I SO MUCH WISH YOU WOULD BRING BACK THAT OPTION!

Message 172 of 172