x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171
Admin

Thanks for asking about this, @erinsss! We don't have a way right now to specify a specific date range for pickup (only a recurring schedule). I'm merging your post into another thread about this so you can get updated if we add this option.

In the meantime, you might be able to simply use no fulfillment method at all and communicate to your customers via the item page and rest of the site that they have to pick it up between those dates.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 148 of 172
Beta Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow us to select no "prep time" for an online order. We have online events that can only be picked up on a certain day and it is IMPOSSIBLE to make this work elegantly. I'm fine using modifiers to let customers select their pickup time from a drop-down. All Square needs to do is to NOT assign a pickup date/time at checkout. There should be a "no set pickup time" in the "prep time" dropdown box. So many people are asking for this and there doesn't seem to be any information about when it will be addressed.

Message 149 of 172

We couldn't agree more. We need to be able to take days off as caterers or close or offer promo items, workshops, etc that can not be picked up everyday. Fees should be waived until this is fixed. This costs a lot of time and money (and **bleep**ed off customers) to remedy each one of these orders. 

Message 150 of 172
Beta Member

Thank you for asking! This has been a huge problem for me with pre-orders for holidays. 

Message 151 of 172
Square Community Moderator

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community (add hyperlink with www.sellercommunity.com/beta here) to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 152 of 172
Beta Member

Just want to bump this up. We have a number of items that have specific pickup dates and shouldn't be selected by the customer. For instance, online class kits that can only be picked up the day of the class. Or special wine promos that are ready for pickup on a certain day. 

We need the ability to select a date when configuring the item so there is no "Pickup & Delivery Prep Time" applied. But requiring the customer to select a pickup date conflicts with many of our items and is super-confusing. Example: wine promo that is ready for pickup on Friday, but customer can select any other day they want, so sometimes they show up to pick up the items when it's not ready yet.) Or, we're stuck in this annoying daily activity of having to change the "Pickup & Delivery Prep Time" by one day each morning to hack it. Which does NOT actually work in a lot of cases. PLEASE add this feature.

Message 153 of 172
Beta Member

I am just here to  echo these requests. We are really in need of more options to limit when clients can order items:

- Items should be available ONLY on specific dates if the store desires (for instance: Valentine's Day Menu, Classes being offered, etc )

- We do not want the asap date to show up. This is extremely confusing for clients. They call us ALL THE TIME wanting to know how to place an order for a later date (which is available at checkout)

- We NEED to be able to shutoff specific DATES that we may be closed for holidays, etc. For instance, we are typically open on Thursdays, but if Christmas falls on a Thursday, we do not want people to order for that specific date.

Message 154 of 172
Beta Member

Just here to echo everything that @TheSweetSide just said (though I think we can actually block off dates that we're closed now!) Please Square, do something about these things. 

I am once again having to use a ridiculous work around to make my Valentine's Day menu separate from my regular menu without having to change the prep time every day. 

Pickup ASAP is terrible and I need the option to turn it off. People don't look and don't change anything so we have their warm cookies and hot coffee ready at 9 am and they don't show up until 3pm because no one made them choose a pickup time that works for them. From your end, this shouldn't be that difficult of a fix. PLEASE!

Message 155 of 172

Hi there, @fikathreelakes - thanks for taking the time to add your voice here to these features. We recognize there is a lot of room for improvement in regards to the customer ordering and booking experience.

I am happy to pass along each individual piece of your feedback to our Product Teams. As Ashley mentioned above. if you haven't done so already, we would recommend joining out Beta launch team if you are interested! This will put you on the fast track for new releases.

Joe
Message 156 of 172

Can you actually tell us if there is ANY intension of fixing this problem? it has been almost a year. I'm looking for another platform because you're not giving any Actual commitment to fixing this. 

Message 157 of 172
Beta Member

Thanks @Joe. I'm already in the Beta Community. I am currently doing a ridiculous work around where items are listed as services instead of food and beverage so that they bypass the pickup system and I can force people to choose a time slot on a specific day through modifiers. Doing this means people can't tip on those items, which means we didn't get tipped on Thanksgiving, Christmas or Valentine's Day orders which is incredibly disappointing for our staff. PLEASE fix these things as soon as possible. Turning ON/OFF Pickup ASAP can't be anymore difficult than the option you've already given us to Choose to Turn On/Off Schedule Pickup. 

Message 158 of 172
Beta Member

@fikathreelakes - you mentioned that you think we can block off specific dates now?! Where/how?! Share your wisdom if you are willing!!

Message 159 of 172
Beta Member

Hi! Sorry @TheSweetSide, I'm just seeing this! When you go to Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit Location there's a new option under hours for Restricted Dates! 

Message 160 of 172

Hello, I have a bakery and I make a French bread only on Wednesdays.  I am trying to set this up for online ordering, but I am running into trouble trying to let them pre-order for pickup on Wednesdays.  When I choose Wednesday on the Category it doesn't let you pre-order it, and I don't see a way to choose a specific day in the item either.  Is this even possible?

Message 161 of 172

Hi @mamac40! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. This is currently a feature request, but you may be able to find some workarounds in the thread. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 162 of 172
Beta Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow us to select no "prep time" for an online order. We have online events that can only be picked up on a certain day and it is IMPOSSIBLE to make this work elegantly. I'm fine using modifiers to let customers select their pickup time from a drop-down. All Square needs to do is to NOT assign a pickup date/time at checkout. There should be a "no set pickup time" in the "prep time" dropdown box. So many people are asking for this and there doesn't seem to be any information about when it will be addressed.

Message 163 of 172

I would like this option too.  With our flower basket fundraiser - items will be arriving & available for pickup on a set date (May 8th).  I can not figure out how to work the pickup option to support this.

Message 164 of 172

Hi there,
I would also like to request an option to remove the "As Soon As Possible" option from the pickup time selections.  I'm a one-person business, and my operating hours are guidelines only. If I need to go get materials, leave the building to get lunch, or do work from another location (because of equipment needs, etc.), I won't always be at the pickup location, so require my pickups to be by appointment only.  Having the large, "Your order will  be ready for pickup on Wednesday at 9am" makes it confusing for people even though I have a blurb about needing to confirm an appointment time for pickup.

Thanks!

Message 165 of 172
Beta Member

I am honestly disgusted that Square has done NOTHING to fix this in nearly 3 years.  Absolute disgrace.  Will be taking my $2m+ business elsewhere.

Message 166 of 172

I know this is an old thread but it is closely related to my dilemma so I thought I would ask here. I want to restrict pre-orders to a special menu for a specific date.

We sell chicken wings.  Our online store is setup for scheduled pre-orders but I shut that feature down on SuperBowl Sunday.  I did this by going to "Fullfillment/Pick up & delivery" and adding that date to the "restricted dates". 

What if I want to have a different (limited) menu available that customers can schedule only on SuperBowl day?  We don't take orders on the day of so this would absolutely have to be pre-orders. 

Can anyone suggest an approach that might help me with this?

Message 167 of 172

Hi @wingit1 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

If you have Square Online Plus or Square Online Premium, you can sell specific items as pre-order. You can find more information in this Support Article, as well as steps for setup.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 168 of 172