x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171

I hope you will consider adding some features that would make pre-orders more streamlined. We'd like to utilize this for future fundraisers especially during these times when our non-profit is closed to physical events. Btw, our events are a take out fundraising dinner and a product for pick-up. The best way to do was to arrange pre-orders with staggered pick-up times. 

Message 106 of 172
Square Community Moderator

@sudupr thanks for the feedback on this feature request. I hear you - this could really help businesses and would help give our sellers more control over their orders. I have merged your post with an existing thread so we can try to keep all of these requests in one place. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 107 of 172
Beta Member

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE allow us to select no "prep time" for an online order. We have online events that can only be picked up on a certain day and it is IMPOSSIBLE to make this work elegantly. I'm fine using modifiers to let customers select their pickup time from a drop-down. All Square needs to do is to NOT assign a pickup date/time at checkout. There should be a "no set pickup time" in the "prep time" dropdown box. So many people are asking for this and there doesn't seem to be any information about when it will be addressed.

Message 108 of 172

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Set up pickups for specific dates

Hi! I am setting up a Square online shop and want to set a three-day pickup window 2-months from now with time blocks where customers can pick their date and time for pickup. I can't find any way to set an option where specific dates can be offered for pickup. I've looked through past postings but didn't find any answers. Has anyone found a way to do this? Setting prep times via the dashboard doesn't solve my problem either.   Thank you!!! 

Message 109 of 172
Super Seller

That is so funny, I too was just trying to set up Thanksgiving and Christmas preorders on our Square website last night and also could not find a way to limit the ordering and pickup to a set # of days in the future.

So far my workaround was creating categories called 11/24, 11/25, etc, and then creating items in that category called for example "Large Apple pie (11/24 Pickup).  

It's the best I came up with so far.  Maybe someone on here will have better input or execution of the idea.

Message 110 of 172

Yes, that's one way that would work. Thanks for the suggestion! However, for me, I'd need to create one for each date and time block (three per day), which would seem to make a crowded store site. So far I've created a note at checkout with the dates and times listed then included a Notes section for customers to include their pickup choice.  Not ideal though. If anyone else has any other tips? Thank you! 

Message 111 of 172

VanKalkerFarms - I ended up using your suggestion of the separate categories and it worked out great.  Thanks for posting!!! 

Message 112 of 172

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Three Day Only Event

Hi everyone, I am new to the square world. We are hosting a three day only bake sale event and because we are all living in the time of you-know-what, we are having customers reserve their times for the specific days. How do I go about setting it up to only allow customers to come on three days in November? Thanks. 

Message 113 of 172

@Ladies7040 Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! I've merged your post with an existing thread that may help answer your question and provide workarounds for you. Having pickup dates for specific times is currently a feature request, but you can try to set your business hours/days for only those specific days and change your pickup prep time as the date approaches. 

AshleyK
Message 114 of 172

This does not/will not/cannot work as a workaround for the feature requested. It requires constant changing of information. It requires the seller to offer conflicting information to the customer regarding ACTUAL pick up times, etc. It makes the businesses owner look completely unprofessional! 
So many have been struggling with this issue in Square since before COVID. 
Even a since text box for each item to write in pick up instructions & override all the junk about processing time would be better than what is available now!! My frustration level on this is thru the roof. The questions it generates from my customers means it would be less admin work to use Google docs & customer etransfers. 
Soooooo disappointing this feature is not available. 

Message 115 of 172

Totally agree!!!

it can't be that hard of a fix for square to allow vendor to disable preset date available and just let vendor put in our own date. 
Calling on square to simplify the system. 

Message 116 of 172

Unfortunately this is not a functional work around. At best it is frustrating and worst our business looks like a technological embarrassment. When the dates don't line up, which they won't at times using this work around, customers wonder what is wrong, send extra emails asking details and then some don't trust the safety of square e-commerce site when the date isn't even right. Some have asked to work around the online store and just etransfer us. 

Message 117 of 172

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: can pick up days be limited to specific dates

We are holding a food event at our church for 3 days only.

This will be a Curbside pickup only event and  have set up scheduled pick up times.

Would like to pre load all the items from the menu, but need to limit the pick up schedule to only the 3 days that we will be open.

Cannot have anyone expecting to pickup on any other day.

Message 118 of 172

Yes, I just changed this for my website.  Go to the online page, click on overview, settings, pickup and delivery, edit location and edit hours.  Good luck!

Message 119 of 172

I need to limit the actual dates of the event.

Is there anyway to do this

Thanks

Message 120 of 172

@StJohnMB I've moved your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. This is currently a feature request. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 121 of 172

Hello, my storefront is a thanksgiving only order form. I need to only give the customers 2 date options (11/25 or 11/26) for pickup. How can I do that?

Message 122 of 172
Alumni

While this isn't currently possible, I've moved your post to this thread where @VanKalkerFarms shared their workaround. Be sure to stay subscribed to this thread if you'd like to be notified of new posts, as we'll be sure to update this thread if something changes here, @ECS_PCO!

Valentina
Message 123 of 172

I'm joining (for the third or fourth time!) in on this request for specific customizable pickup dates & times that WE control.  Now that we are all doing business differently, pop-ups, special pick-up days, pre-ordering for a specific time window and limited hours make this an essential feature, and I agree with earlier posters about how much time and goodwill it costs us to manage the confusion!   We NEED this feature to accommodate the pivots we've had to make through the holidays.  It can't be that difficult, so please make this a priority!

Message 124 of 172
Beta Member

I've seen this requested many times on the forum and I still don't understand why you haven't added a way for shops to select a specific date for pickup/item ready when we add items to our online stores. 

It causes extreme confusion to our customers because, even though I add text everywhere possible to my site and item that "Item X will not be ready until XXXX date", the confirmation email still gives a completely different date. So customers come in on that date and "call you out" for not having their item ready. I'm trying to add Valentine items to my store. I can only select 4 weeks prep or 6... WTH?? So not only can I NOT say "Prep time: 2/13/2021", I can't even select that dang week until NEXT week! Then I have the fun job of going in every week and modifying it, which takes away from doing my actual job as a shop owner. To add insult to injury, I can't even take out the default text in the confirmation emails that give the prep time date and set static text. 

How many times does this simple development change need to be requested before you finally listen to your users and do it?? It was asked for by users back in the spring for Fall orders and again for Christmas, now we're heading into yet another big holiday for some of us and still can't select the date. It's literally adding a date selector and a "Custom Date" option in the drop down.  

Message 125 of 172

Hi @sugargal,

I've merged your post into an existing feature request thread for this feature where it's being tracked for our Product Team.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 126 of 172