x

Gift card on file for invoice payment

One of my customers received an e-gift card, and I am trying to use it as her card on file to pay a couple of her upcoming invoices.

When I go into her record through my Dashboard, the only card on file I see is her credit card. Her e-gift card doesn't show up anywhere in her profile and isn't listed as a card on file. The sent-to email address matches hers, and she has confirmed to me that she received the gift email.

What am I missing, and how can I use her e-gift card as her card on file?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hmm, is her gift card on file hiding in a duplicate profile by any chance? 

Are you able to search the gift card by email? @ttn

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

@JustinC No, there is no duplicate profile, and I'm not sure what you mean by searching by email. I looked up the customer by email address, the same one where her card was sent, and her profile came up, minus the gift card.

As a workaround, I resent the ecard to the customer and then called her for the full 16-digit number. I was then able to add it to her file by clicking "add card" in her dashboard profile and manually entering the full number.

It was the first time that's ever happened and very puzzling to me. In my experience, egift cards are always automatically added as cards on file in customer profiles.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Strange, sounds like a weird flub but glad you were able to find and add their gift card. 

FYI, you can search gift cards by email in-app from the  Customers tab. @ttn

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4