x
Beta Member

How can I update the email address associated with my Square Online website and reports?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Updating Email in Online Store

We updated our email address in Square but our Weebly email address is still an old, outdated email. This is causing a problem because when we export Order information it goes to this old email address and the person who manages that email has to forward the report. How do we update the email address associated with our account in Weebly?

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

I wanted to drop into this thread with the steps you can take to edit the email address receiving updates related to your Square Online website. You'll start by logging out of Square completely. Next, click here to head to the Weebly login page, and choose the option to Log in with Square:

Use the new email address to login - this should sync your accounts while updating the email address. 

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly. Our team may need to manually edit the email address. Remember that we will need to speak with the owner of the Square account in order to make a change like this. To reach out, log into your Square account and head to this page to give us a call.

Calling will be the fastest way to reach a resolution, so please do not send an email if you need a quick fix!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Hey @ZDeli,

You'll need to update your email address in your Online Store settings as well.

Once you navigate to the Online Store tab on the Dashboard- you can select > Settings General to edit your profile from there.

You can also go to > Store Emails under Settings as well to edit the way the emails look to your customers for the online store. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 46
Beta Member

The email address is updated in the General Settings area but it has the old email address in the Sender Information. It won't allow me to update that email address. I added a new profile. 

This doesn't seem to correct the issue of the reports being exported to the old email address though since in the Online Store profile it is the new email address.

Message 3 of 46
Beta Member

I will add that if I look under Account Settings it is the old email address but I don't see a way to change the email address here.

Message 4 of 46

@ZDeli I think you're still looking in Square's Account & Settings and not under Weebly's settings from the Online Store tab.

Follow the directions I listed above step by step and it'll take you there.

There's an option to edit the profile at the top right once you get to the page I listed above. I tested it on my own too. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 46
Beta Member

I am looking on the weebly page.

The first photo is what I see when I go to Settings > General. The email listed there is correct. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.30.47 PM.png

I just updated our sender profile to be the correct address, so this is correct.:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.32.58 PM.png

I cannot update this profile, with the old email address:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.34.26 PM.png

And in this view it is the old email email address and I have no clue how to update this email address:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.35.01 PM.png

Message 6 of 46

@ZDeli What happens when you hit edit on the right there with the second to last picture?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I want to make sure I'm not missing something. 

Ashley C
Message 7 of 46
Beta Member

I see this, but with no option to edit.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 7.55.18 PM.png

I feel like the larger issue is that I can't update the information that is seen in the final image in my previous post.

Message 8 of 46

@ZDeli I reached out to Weebly and they said the order confirmation email will be sent to the email on file for the Weebly account.

This will be greyed out under Account > Manage Profile and you'll need to email Weebly from their Support Center to have this changed for you.

Once you do- please let me know so I can pass your ticket along to someone!

Ashley C
Message 9 of 46
Beta Member

Thank you!

What a process. I will email weebly now.

Message 10 of 46

I've changed my email address EVERYWHERE I can find to do so on the square dashboard etc. but when I click into Weebly setup through my square dashboard and click to my account settings it still shows my old one and no button to change it. I click manage account and there is still no button to change it. How do I change it?

molly dashboard weebly.jpgweebly 2.jpg 

Message 11 of 46

Hi @SimoniM,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked the same question and I answered it.

Check out my answer above for more details. 

Ashley C
Message 12 of 46

Great but how do we get a hold of Weebly via email or chat? I keep searching through the help section and there is no contact information anywhere. This is ridiculous. They just need to have an edit button in account settings so you can change it. 

Message 13 of 46

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have the same problem.

Message 14 of 46
Beta Member

Hi!

I think I ended up having to email someone at Weebly to do this. I submitted a request and then got an email from this address and they helped me:

eebly@help-messaging.squareup.com

Message 15 of 46

We have changed the name of our business and updated in Square but Weebly is not updating and on the top of our digital receipt there is the old name.  I've changed the location and business name in Square, but in Weebly it just says go to square to change it.  What do I do? 

Message 16 of 46

Hey @JRUE,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

You'll need to reach out to Weebly directly to update this. You can reach their Support Center from their page here or reach out to them on Twitter if you have one for the fastest help. 

Ashley C
Message 17 of 46

I updated my email address in square and weebly.  The issue is the weebly account still shows the old email and order notifications still go to that email.  How can i change this?

Thank you.

Message 18 of 46

Hi @agcmeals and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out my Best Answer for details.

Ashley C
Message 19 of 46

I have my email on every place I can find; however the order confirmation still goes to the original email when I set up Square.  How can I change that email?

Message 20 of 46

Hi @mnc2run and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this questions been answered.

I also may of just learned a pro-tip from a Weebly team member about the email for Weebly not changing when you change it on Square.

Try signing out completely or going into an incognito window and then go to Weebly and try signing in with your Square login there. It should update/sync that new email to the account!

Ashley C
Message 21 of 46