x

How do I send customers a unique link a few days after they purchase?

I'm a photographer that sells the photos I take during a sporting event. The purchaser is usually a parent who is buying all the photos I take of their kid  during their individual competition.

The parent will either buy the package online before/during/after the event, or during the event they will purchase at a booth using the mobile POS app.

A few days after the event, I post their photos in a gallery and email them a link to get to their gallery. I've had issues where my email is getting caught by spam filters and the parents reach out weeks/month later asking where their photos are. I would much rather use Square to communicate with them. I will need to enter a unique URL for each purchase. I looked into the Square Marketing add on but this really isn't me trying to upsell customers or get them to return. I need to deliver what they already purchased.

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Beta Member

Hi Mikeysweet,

Unfortunately doing digital downloads via Square is mostly a manual effort after the sale - perhaps down the road, they may come with a better solution.  There's been many Feature Requests for this.  Below is snippet from one of their FAQs concerning how things work:

"Digital items (files, music, documents and other similar items) are added in much the same way as physical items. The main difference is in the way fulfillment is handled.  At this time, you will need to send an email to your customers with a link to the file or files they purchased."

As for emails getting snagged as spam - there's really not a way to prevent this from happening as how emails are filtered depends on the email service and/or client your customer has.

There are several very good digital download services out there however, finding one that uses Square as the transaction processor is the challenge.  There's a plugin for Wordpress users however, not sure about the reviews.  There's also 3rd party services that can make the entire process secure and easy for both you and your customer but, they use other Credit Card Processors.  Here's one example.

jk

Message 2 of 2