x

How to cancel invoice reminders?

How do I cancel an invoice reminder.  I do not want clients to keep receiving reminders. 

thanks

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Cahells!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at these instructions to turn reminders on or off:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard and select the Invoice you’d like to edit.

2. Once editing the Invoice, scroll to the bottom under More Options and select Edit Reminders. 

I hope this resolves your issue, please let me know if you have any additional questions by replying in this thread. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

I had previously scheduled invoice reminders for a customer. They have not yet paid but, I would like to cancel the upcoming scheduled reminders. How do I go about doing this? 

Thanks in advance

Message 22 of 47
Admin

Hey there @Spectrumvillage. I moved your question here so you can check out @isabelle's post above that answers your question. 👍

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 23 of 47

How do I enable to stop sending reminder bills?

Message 24 of 47
Alumni

For Invoices?  I think you're in the wrong thread. I moved you to the right one. Check out the best answer above! @MDM46

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 47

What do I need to do to stop automatically sending reminders to customers that their payment is “past due”.?

Message 26 of 47
Alumni

Here ya go! 🙂 @MDM46

Justin
Message 27 of 47

I am having the same problem.  I had sent an Invoice to a client.  They paid via a different method than Square, so I marked the invoice as Paid on Dec 9th and there is a receipt #.  But the client continued to get reminder emails which made her view the invoice again on 11th, 12th, 25th, 27th, 30th.  On the Square info for the invoice, it says the last reminder was sent on Dec 9th, but the client said she continued to get reminder emails, and it shows that she views the invoice again on those dates mentioned.   There is not an option in the invoice to stop reminders, nor is there an option to edit the invoice, I think because the invoice was marked as Paid on Dec 9th, so the options to edit it are now gone.

Message 28 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TinaPhotoDrone,

Thanks for getting in touch with us via our Seller Community! I noticed it's your first post, welcome 🙂

This definitely sounds a it odd, as invoices that are marked as paid shouldn't trigger payment reminders to be sent out. When you get a chance, it would be great if you could ask your customer to send through some screenshots of the notifications they received, and then reach out to our support team who can take a closer look at your account, and the invoice in question. Support would also be able to file a ticket if necessary. You can get in touch here. Please let us know how you go!

Message 29 of 47

I have also had problems with automatic reminders.  They are OFF in my settings but your system sends them anyhow.  I dealt with it via email and was told by Jennifer L. that there is nothing to do about it, but she would "pass your request on to our Product team."

Wow.  That's about the worst answer I could have gotten, and does not reflect well on Square.

I'm sure your profit margin is connected somehow with how many reminders go out, but it has to stop.  It is rude, and those of us who use this service obviously want an easy way send out NO reminders.  Just fix it!  This is nothing complex for the software engineers.  Not fixing it is willful, not accidental, so please fix it!

In the meantime I am researching other platforms that actually respect their users.

Message 30 of 47

Hi @Baruch,

First, Welcome to The Seller Community. Happy to have you!

So sorry to hear about all the trouble you have been having with the invoice reminders. 

I know you stated you spoke with someone already. But if your reminders are turned off, and they are still being sent we need to investigate this further.  A ticket needs to be filed with our engineer. 

I am not able to discuss account specific information here through The Seller Community. Please contact our Direct Customer Support Team 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

If you are running into anymore issues please let me know.

Message 31 of 47

Hi MayaP:

That is who I went through, Customer Support.  Supposedly my concern has been passed along.  You see from the post what happened.

If you are genuinely concerned, then by all means contact engineers and let them know this is happening.  I have already provided all the info to Customer Support.

Baruch

Message 32 of 47

Hi @Baruch,

I apologize the reason I am asking you to call in is because the information you were provided was incorrect. 

If you never put a reminder on the invoice that was created, have the reminder settings turned off in dashboard under settings. And a reminder notice is still going out on the invoice, that is not a feature request. 

Now, if you did create an invoice with a reminder on it, but have the invoice reminder setting turned off then it will continue to send those reminders. But it doesn't seem like that is case. 

I do see you spoke with our messaging support, but they are limited in what they can do, they cannot file a ticket. I also am not able to dive into account specific information through this forum, otherwise I would. 

Please call into phone Customer Support so we can escalate this properly and get this resolved, 1-855-700-6000. 

Thank you!

Message 33 of 47

It's been happening for a long time. Engineers are well aware. It's intentional. Anyone have suggestions for an alternate platform?

Message 34 of 47

Hey there, @zanzen

When a thread is marked "solved" that means a seller has marked their question as answered with the information provided on the thread. The Community Moderators will not do this on our end. 

What kind of issues are you having canceling invoices? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 35 of 47

I'm looking at getjobber. What did you find?

Message 36 of 47

I perform work which requires a deposit and final payment upon completion of the work. Weather, parts ordering, customer schedules all affect when the job is complete. I have ALL notifications turned off. I stopped entering customer emails and work using text only as the app states automatic notices won't be sent via text. I've sent documented cases to support showing the customer received invoice due notices. Support assured me that would be turned off, yet it's still happening. I can't put the final due date far into the future, the customer will get the wrong impression of when the invoice is due. I keep up on my customers and due dates, I don't need Square to send demand notices. It just seems like I will have to find another processer and app.

Message 37 of 47

Hi @zanzen - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @isabelle, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 38 of 47

Please note that multiple people have posted that Edit Reminders is missing and Square keeps attaching the post back to an entry that tells them to use the missing function and is marked solved -- but it isn't. There's a bug, and I think I can point you in the right direction, at least in my case.

If I have an invoice that is just a one-time invoice, I get Edit Reminders under the Communications section. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 7.13.27 AM.png

That's what was answered and what works.

If I have a partial payment invoice, however, where a deposit is used, that Edit Reminders option is gone. We're locked in and there's no way to change it in Edit. The whole option is missing. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 7.13.57 AM.png

I have no way to edit the invoices that I've found. It's not a recurring invoice, so I edit it in the same way, but for some reason that Edit Reminders option is missing. 

Message 39 of 47

Hi @Woodrow719

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Replicating what you're describing, I'm also not able to edit the invoice reminders for the outstanding balance. I'll raise this with our team now. 

Message 40 of 47

In my case, it's not an 'edit reminders' issue. My reminders are TURNED OFF. Further, no email address is entered for the contact, only a phone number. The app states no reminders can be sent via SMS. Yet my clients get overdue reminders.

Where do I send my invoice for consulting services?

Message 41 of 47

I had to fix this in the invoice template. Go to your Dashboard → Invoices → Settings → Invoices. Then select your template (mine is the Square invoice default template and select "Edit" towards the bottom of your screen. Scroll down to the section titled "Share" and the Reminders are there. Click and toggle off the "Send your customer reminders for this payment request". Then, save your template. I hope it works for you. It took me a good 20 minutes to try to figure it out.

Message 42 of 47