x

Item Library: When I add new items variations are added to certain items (in error)

Help!

I have a large inventory, and gain new items on a weekly basis, I currently have only one variation of each item (just to keep things easy for bookkeeping sake) and everytime I add in new items, it adds variations to certain (random) existing items.

It's really a pain to go through every month and clean out the duplicate variations (we're talking hundreds by the end of the month). 

What am I doing wrong when I upload new inventory items?!

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hm... in that case, my recommendation to you is to reach out to our CS team directly and send over the last CSV file you imported. They'll be able to access your account and compare it against the CSV to determine if the template is causing the issue or if it is a bug in the system. Feel free to keep us posted here on how that goes.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hey @Store1 - Are you updating the inventory one by one or are you using the CSV template to bulk update?

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 9

I usually bulk update with the CSV or Excel template, but occasionally add items one by one.

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Gotcha. And is this happening with both methods or just when importing the template?

Puka - She/They
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I have the issue with each upload.

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Best Answer

Hm... in that case, my recommendation to you is to reach out to our CS team directly and send over the last CSV file you imported. They'll be able to access your account and compare it against the CSV to determine if the template is causing the issue or if it is a bug in the system. Feel free to keep us posted here on how that goes.

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 9

Thanks! I will keep you posted!

Message 7 of 9

Was this resolved for you and if so, what was the fix?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

@4hisglory If you're also experiencing this please don't hesitate to contact our team. They might need more cases to be able to investigate what causes this to happen, and implement a fix! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9