x

Item inventory being deleted by Square without an order??

Every time I log in (which is almost every day) I notice that upwards of 12 of my items have their inventory deleted, yet I have no orders? It's never the same items either. I only sell OOAK items, so this affects my entire website, as those items show up as "no longer available"- which is not the case, they are very much available. I tried calling support to find out what's going on, but apparently they aren't open on the weekend. Am I the only one with this issue?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @tecichan! Welcome to the Community.

This sounds really weird and we haven't gotten any other reports of this yet.

Are you seeing this happen on your app or dashboard? Or both? 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12

I don't use the app, only my computer. I wish I could post a screenshot to show exactly what I'm talking about; I took screenshots yesterday in case support wants me to email them in, but I can't seem to post them here

Message 3 of 12

I'm on hold with support right now. It happens every time I sync my listings with etsy. The listings themselves aren't gone, it just deletes the inventory. As I add a new item daily (sometimes multiple times a day) it's very frustrating, as I have to then readjust all those listings' stock before I can work on my new item listing.

Message 4 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@tecichan That sounds super frustrating! Really sorry that you're experiencing this.

I think it's best you work this out with Support directly so they can try some different troubleshooting or filing a ticket if need be.

They also can try and replicate the issue on their end so don't worry about the screenshots for now unless they request them. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 12

Well, after 2 hours on the phone being bounced between Square, Weebly, back to Square and then finally Etsy, I have a ticket number, and waiting on a reply for a case #. It's just getting very frustrating having to delete Etsy links AND update inventory EVERY time I sync 😪

Message 6 of 12

It's now TWENTY SEVEN items that have inventory deleted 😑

Message 7 of 12
Admin

@tecichan

Just to be clear on what is happening here, you have an integration with Etsy, a Weebly Store and are taking payments in person as well?

When you made created a support ticket, I assume that was made with Etsy? Our partner sites do own their integrations - so hopefully they are able to get to the bottom of this for you.  Sounds like Etsy might be over writing your inventory.

Hopefully they can get this straightened out for you and so sorry it's been so frustrating. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 8 of 12

Square uses Weebly as their web host when setting up an online store through their platform. I have a ticket with Etsy, and yes, whatever is going wrong with the Etsy sync is deleting available inventory from my Square inventory (I have not manually added any inventory to Square, I've only ever synced from Etsy). I was supposed to get an email with a confirmation code this past week (to give to Square Support so they could also escalate the reported problem to Etsy) but I never got one, only an email saying that my ticket was received and that they will "look into it"... but I haven't heard back from anyone nor have any further information or emails from the support team.

And yes I also use the Square App to sell in person when I do shows/trunks, so it's also been affecting that. I have another show coming up on the 7th and 8th and am expecting it to be a busy weekend, so I really need them to get back to me with a resolution!

Message 9 of 12
Admin

@tecichan

Yeah, that sounds really frustrating. I would actually suggest opening a second ticket with Etsy if it's affect you this negatively. 

Please do let us know when you have that ticket. Our API team can certainly look further into it with them.

Etsy inventory should be using the updated inventory for your Square POS and Weebly.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 10 of 12

STILL don't have an email with a confirmation number. Tried syncing again today and it's still down. Very frustrating, as I have a show the following two weekends and another at the end of October. My original ticket # is 163-1752

Message 11 of 12
Admin

@tecichan So sorry for the delayed reply! Thanks for sharing this information. I just went ahead and escalated a case to our support team and included your ticket number from Etsy. They'll be reaching out to you directly to see if they can help get this sorted out. Apologies, again.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 12