x

Known Issue with sending Square Messages (11/29/22 - 12/14/22)

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages."

Is anyone also having problems with text messages failing to send. And receiving this message:

“Square Messages is currently experiencing issues sending text messages. Messages may not send as expected.”

Message 1 of 157
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Mtbresnan, @Zeuspmu, and @allisonlrhoades - Thank you all for posting here in the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are being impacted by the ongoing issue with Square Messages.

This particular issue has been taking a little longer because we are working alongside a third party in order to resolve it. Our engineers and our Square Messaging Product Team are aware of this issue and are currently investigating a solution with third-party mobile carriers. 

In the meantime, we will continue to update issquareup.com with the latest details. Sorry that we have not been posting updates as often on this one. We don't have new information at this time, but this issue is certainly prioritized by our engineers and they are still working on it. We thoroughly appreciate your patience and understanding until this is fully resolved.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions by replying to this thread. 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 157

Best Answer

Hi all - I wanted to come back to this thread to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved and our Messaging services are fully operational.

Your patience was greatly appreciated while our engineers and third-party partners worked on getting this resolved. I know that not being able to use a tool due to technical issues can be extremely frustrating and can have a severe impact on your business.

We apologize for any repercussions this feature outage has caused. I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 157
156 REPLIES 156
Beta Member

Your reply is 3 weeks old at this point but I'm checking to see if this email has gone out?  This SMS disruption has been a HUGE pain for all of us in the beauty industry.  While I appreciate clients can still get texts about their appointments, not being able to further communicate with them via text has me and my salon mates looking for a new software option.

Message 64 of 157

Are you suggesting that, moving forward, the only way I will re-gain the ability to initiate messaging ability via Messages with a customer is if they reach out to me first? From there, they will automatically be re-subscribed?

That will be a very small percentage of my customer base and I don’t understand why Square can’t retroactively re-subscribe all customers who opted in to Messaging in the first place and have not subsequently taken the affirmative action of opting out of receiving messages. 

Message 65 of 157

From my own trial and error, I do not believe they actually unsubscribed. I believe this is the glitch with Square Messaging at this point (I did a random sampling of about ten customers and all had suddenly “unsubscribed”—there’s no way). 

Message 66 of 157

Just had a demo with MyTime and the product itself compares very favorably to Square.  As I have not used it, I cannot comment on its performance.

Message 67 of 157

Thank you for the reply! I eagerly await the successful resolution of this issue!

Message 68 of 157

You're welcome, @Mtbresnan! I'll be sure to come back and post on this thread once I hear of any new information to report 🙂

Violet
Message 69 of 157

When sending message through appointments, none of my messages are sending. Im getting an error: Message not delivered. This just began November 30, 2022. I use the message option to communicate with my clients without having to send an SMS. But now, none of my messages are going through. 

Message 70 of 157

Hi @jackieGPR - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this issue as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I'm sorry to hear that you too are being impacted by this known issue with Square Messages 😔 In the thread above, I have provided some additional details in the post that has been marked as the "best answer". If you have any further questions, please let me know and I would be happy to address them for you.

Violet
Message 71 of 157

its Dec 7 this issue still hasn't been resolved. I  am going to have to text thru my cell phone to relay all the messages of new services, I didn't realize this has been going on since NOVEMBER

Message 72 of 157

HELP

why aren’t the text confirmations or texting portion of the POS working? I got a notification from square a few DAYS ago saying it was “down” and I’ve heard absolutely nothing else about it. I rely very heavily on that to confirm appointments, send reminders and communicate with customers 

Message 73 of 157
Super Seller

Following for my own update

Message 74 of 157

Hey there, @LeahArmstrong30 & @JTPets

Yes, we are having issues with Square Messages at the moment. Our engineers are still working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. 

Keep an eye on issquareup.com for all of the updates by our team! Thank you for your patience while they get this resolved. 

Also, I have moved your post to an ongoing thread where other sellers are having a similar conversation about the ongoing issue with Square Messages. 

Kassi
Message 75 of 157

Is everyone’s messenger on square not working ?

Message 76 of 157

Hey there, @Happeventing - 

Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, there is a current issue with Square Messages. Keep an eye on issquareup.com for all of the updates from our team. 

I have moved your post to a thread where other sellers have posted about issues as well to keep you in the loop. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 77 of 157

Hello I’m having the same issue. Please, let is now as soon as this is fixed. I have a grooming salon and I rely a lot on message reminders and appointment confirmation to keep my clients organize with their appointments and especially in holiday season this is key! 

Message 78 of 157

Is anyone having issues with messaging customers? I can receive messages with Appointment requests but once I accept them my clients are not receiving the acceptance message nor either I can send them messages through the system. It’s not the setting and I was able to do it before. 

Message 79 of 157

Yes I’m having the same issue with no solution so far

Message 80 of 157

Yes, I'm having this issue as well, since Wednesday Nov 30.

Message 81 of 157

I’m having the same issues, would love to hear from someone at square about it! I first noticed it earlier last week, uninstalled/reinstalled app, restarted iPad and iPhone and no avail. 

I did see a memo pop up on squares browser based dashboard that does say there is a messaging issue, so Square is aware, however no further info about ETA for resolution. 

Really frustrating as I’ve got about a dozen messages that will now have to be phone calls and suck up well over an hour of my work day.

Message 82 of 157

Welcome to the Community, @Diaz_multiserv

There is a current issue going on with Square Messages that our engineers are working to get resolved. 

Keep an eye on issquareup.com for all of the updates on this ongoing issue. Your post has been merged with another thread where other sellers are discussing this topic. 

Thank you for reaching out about what you're seeing! 

Kassi
Message 83 of 157

Is it still down for everyone else? So INCONVENIENT trying to contact out day to day clients with updates about appointment. Needing to have staff contact clients on personal cells....☹️

Message 84 of 157