x

Lack of customer service, unanswered questions, trying to leave Square but can't

This is in regards to our account for business CommonSense Wellness Network, tax ID [Personal Information Redacted]

A few days ago we received an information request, that includes the following content:

"Your business has not complied with our recent request to cease conducting prohibited sales activities. Your failure to further comply with this request will result in the immediate deactivation of your account.

Please confirm, by checking "Yes" below, that your business will discontinue processing payments related to our previous warning."

Furthermore, it is stated that if we do not answer this question within 5 business days, our account may be deactivated.

CommonSense has not, nor has it ever, engaged in activity that Square had to ask us to cease. This question does not make it clear what activity Square is referring to, and as a result we are not comfortable saying we will "cease" such activity when A. it is not clear what activity the system is referring to, and B. we have not engaged in any activities that Square previously had us attest to, such as running personal cards via our Square system (something we have never done nor would do).

In attempting to reach out to Square about this matter, we received no response, and as well as received automated responses saying our case was closed due to inactivity - which didn't make sense.

We've been loyal customers for over 5 years, as well as referred many of our providers to Square for their own practices and businesses. We are incredibly disappointed. Poor professionalism and bad business.

I am now attempting to deactivate our account, and am receiving an error that says "something went wrong" when I do so. We now need advice on how to proceed.

When I attempted to call the support number, I am asked about various options that are not applicable to us until the call ends/is hung up by the automated service. Your chat support team redirects me to the same phone service, and e-mail results in messages saying "your case has been closed."

Can someone please respond and help us just close this account?

Thanks
Timothy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@cswn1991 are you sure this isn't a phishing attempt to get access to your account?  That may be legit, but the wording does sound different, I don't remember ever seeing the reference to a yes or no button, sounds like that would lead to another site and if it asks you to log in, I would not do it unless you can verify the domain.  There are new attempts for adversary in the middle attacks.

That said, if you are wellness and dispense any kind of prescription for a provider that is not allowed on square...as well as thc/cbd sales that don't fall under the cbd program.  That is the only thing I have seen.

Please redact your tax id number.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Thanks for your post on this @cswn1991

It’s disappointing to see that it’s a negative experience that has brought you to the community, but I'll do my best to help.

I’ve sent you a private message just now so that we can discuss this further, and hopefully provide some clarity on the notifications you’ve received. 

Also, thank you @Donnie-M for your efforts to help on this one. 

Message 3 of 3