x

Missing transfer/deposit emails

It seems that since Square had the issue with banking a couple weeks ago, that we're not getting some of the emails that tell how much is being transferred to our bank account. Thought it might've been a fluke that would resolve when they resolved the deeper issues, but last week and today, I'm noticing some missing. The weird thing is that I do still get some, so I'm having to go into Balances in Dashboard to verify every day or so. I rely on the emails to record deposits in my check register. Having to look in Balances makes it hard to keep track of what I already recorded and what I didn't. Anyone else noticing this issue?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller

Hi @llij96.  Since I have never relied on automatic transfers, preferring to keep that completely in my control, I specifically haven’t seen this.  But, a few months ago I realized that I was not getting product update and other emails from Square any longer.  Also, all of my emails from the beta community had ceased.  I dug a little deeper and actually found the missing emails in my spam box.

I can’t be sure what happened, but at some point everything coming from Square was being marked as spam by my email server.  Once I whitelisted the email addresses, everything went back to normal.

So, at least one suggestion would be to check your spam box.  If there are any legitimate Square emails, determine and whitelist that email address, or even better yet the domain *.squareup.com if your email server allows you to do that.

Otherwise, if you are getting some but not all of the deposit emails, that’s going to be a little harder to troubleshoot.  Let me know if that is the case.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 13

Thanks, but I check my junk mail religiously. I always try to whitelist any valid emails that end up there, so this isn't the issue. As I stated, it seems tied to the banking issue they had a couple weeks ago. Hard to pinpoint though, because it's hit & miss. For instance, I almost always have 2 deposit emails on Monday. This Monday, I only had one. Went to check Balances, and there are 2 new ones, so why not 2 emails? So weird. Considering the issues that I had with inconsistent low stock alert emails about a month ago, and the problems with customer payments right now (there's other threads about that), I'm concerned that their internal testing/programming is slipping. My level of confidence in Square is wavering and I've been with them for 7 years. And, we're going into the holiday season... 😬

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hello @llij96 I am sorry to hear you are not getting transfer deposit emails. We have not had reports of this issue.  I would suggest contacting support so they can look at your dashboard and account settings to figure out what is going on, also if needed they can file a ticket. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. If you need anything else certainly reach back out. 

Message 4 of 13

Hi @MayaP , thanks for your response. I just want to clarify: I am getting SOME of them, it's hit & miss. Seems to be tied to when there were other banking issues recently. They seem to be fine the last few days, but I know there was an issue with banking again, so wonder if that's when it gets inconsistent.

Message 5 of 13

@TheRealChipA This issue continues... Rec'd email for 10/18 sales, missing the one for 10/19 (but can see it in Balances). Rec'd email for 10/20 sales, missing the one for 10/21 (but can also see it in Balances). Rec'd emails for 10/23, and 10/24 sales. When I look at the log of issues with Square Services on https://www.issquareup.com/ there WERE issues on/around the days that are missing above. It seems these issues aren't fully resolved if I'm not getting some of the emails about transfers. I can try to go back further to see if the older missing emails correspond to similar service disruptions, but as I said in my original post, it does seem to be tied to the banking (or other?) issues that were happening. Please look deeper into this @MayaP. Thanks.

Message 6 of 13

Oh man @llij96 I am sorry you are continuing to have issues with this. I did consulate with the team and they did state this has not been an issue that has been reported to them. In order to get this resolved you will need to reach out to Customer Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport so they can file a ticket with our engineers. For account security, we cannot do that here. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention and if you need anything else let me know.

Message 7 of 13

@MayaP I have contacted support. They basically told me to whitelist all of Square's domains and email addresses, which had already been done, but I did go and verify and yet this is still happening. They left it at telling me to reach out to my internet provider, but I'm not sure what they could do when I've already whitelisted everything, and when it's not blocking every message across the board. So, they did not open a ticket for this issue and it is still happening. When I compare the days there's been an email missing to the days that there have been issues on https://www.issquareup.com/, there was always an issue on the same day the email was missing, or the day before. It seems this warrants more investigation on Square's part. Can you look into this further? I can get you a list of the dates the email was missing to compare to the issues Square was having if you think that would help.

Message 8 of 13

@MayaP Today I reached out to my internet provider. They confirmed that they are not blocking any emails or domains on their end. Can you please look into this further?

Message 9 of 13

Hello, @llij96

We sincerely apologize for the ongoing issues you're facing with your sales summary emails. We understand the frustration this may cause. To address this, I've reviewed your email preferences on our backend and performed a reset to potentially resolve the problem. Additionally, our system shows a history of emails sent to you, including the summary and daily sales summary emails. The most recent was sent on Saturday, November 11, 2023, at 02:33:33 PM, and it was successfully delivered from our end. Could you confirm if you received it?

We will be on the lookout for your response. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 13

@sayra, sorry for my delayed response. I never got an email saying you responded or tagged me in this thread... shouldn't I get an email for that? Anyway, I did get the sales summary email you referenced above, but I've never noticed any issues with sales summary emails. This thread is about the deposit/transfer emails. Maybe the reset you did will fix things. I'll watch this week to see...

Message 11 of 13

Hello, @llij96

Upon reevaluating your email settings, we can confirm that all communications from Square are being successfully sent to your email. While you may have already checked this, we recommend reviewing your email settings.

Unfortunately, on our end, there is limited additional troubleshooting we can perform. 

We hope this has been resolved on your end. Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 13

@sayra it is not resolved. I again was missing the deposit email today, which would've been from yesterday's sales. And, again, I looked to see if there was an issue, and sure enough there was a payment disruption yesterday (11/27). According to the Square Status page, it was the following issue: "We’re currently investigating a disruption with payment acceptance on Square Invoices, Virtual Terminal, Appointments, E-Commerce API, or Square Online when using Apple Pay, Google Pay or ACH as the payment type." As I continue to point out that the emails go missing when there is an issue like this, I think this goes beyond checking my email settings. Is it possible that every time a payment or transfer disruption happens in Square, that something is being reset/changed that could affect deposit emails? Considering I've noticed a pattern here, can you have someone that would handle the kind of issue noted above look into if something they're doing during these system disruptions could affect deposit emails?

Message 13 of 13