x

My Dashboard won't load

I cannot get square to open on my Mac. Never had this problem before and I use it on a daily basis.  It is not my internet because everything else is working fine. It lets me sign in but then takes forever to get to the dashboard window. And when it finally does get there it just continuously says loading...loading...etc. I have exited out, cleared it off all windows hoping it would reset or something, tried calling customer service but close at 6 p.m...nothing has worked. I really need to get on and see my numbers-as I'm sure all of you small business owners know the importance of this. Any ideas or help would be GREAT!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 1 of 48
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

@CPS1 So we can determine if problem is with your browser it would be great if you could go through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure your browser is up to date. 
  2. Clear the cache on your browser. 
  3. Switch to Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer is not supported.)
  4. Enable cookies on your browser.

If you still can't get beyond the spinning page please call our CS team. Let them know you've completed these troubleshooting steps and also let them know the name and version of the browser you're using. (Not sure what browser you're using? Visit https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. Our CS team can also help you with this!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 48
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello @k2L 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. 

We have had no other reports of similar issues, but to confirm if this is a local issue, can you please access your Square account using a different device? 

Another thing that would be helpful to know is the device you are using (the model and the operating system version) and which app (regular POS, Restaurants, Retail). 

Once I get more information from you, I'll take a closer look.

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

I received a new PC recently.  I have not been able to have the Square Dashboard load.  It just keeps the circular loading arrow moving, never loading.  I have tried three different browsers, Chrome, Firefox and Edge.  I have cleared my cache and cookies & restarted.  I presented it to IT and they completely wiped my computer and reloaded software. Still will not load.  I have read this thread elsewhere but no specific resolution.  Any additional tips, etc would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. 

Message 43 of 48

Hey @BBrown1 and welcome to the Community.

Sorry you're having trouble loading the Dashboard. I moved your post to an existing thread that has troubleshooting tips but it looks like you've tried other browsers already.

Unfortunately it sounds like it may be the computer itself. Have you tried loading it on another device or mobile device?

Ashley C
Message 44 of 48

Yes, it works on other computers.  My computer is brand new.  All other websites work for me though.  I feel like Square must need some program loaded to it, for it to run the website.  I need to know what I need on my computer to make it load.  Unless Square hasn't updated to the latest windows?  Not sure.  Need help.  IT even wiped my new computer again, starting fresh to try to get the dashboard to load.  No success.  😞

Message 45 of 48

I ended up using my iPhone....no problem there but

can't seem to load up on my computer both with Chrome and Firefox

Message 46 of 48

Hi @Gonzospollo - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 Our website sometimes encounters errors when trying to connect to your browser. Here are a few troubleshooting tips you can try:

- Make sure your browser is up to date.

- Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.

- Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome or Safari.

If none of these troubleshooting tips work, please reply with the following information:

1. The exact version of your web browser. To find this, visit whatwebbrowser.com.

2. Confirm the device you’re using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android device, etc.)

3. Include any applicable images or screenshots of errors you’re seeing. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, visit take-a-screenshot.org.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 47 of 48

I can see my dashboard in Firefox but not Chrome. I cleared the Chrome cache. 

Message 48 of 48