x
Beta Member

Purchase Order Item Entry "Tab" order...

When entering items on a new Purchase order I have found that when you select the item, when selecting the right item (by clicking on it or hitting "enter") the next entry field skips the "quantity" column and goes to the "unit cost" column.  Hitting "tab" or "enter" takes you to the next item entry field, skipping the quantity. This requires the mouse to go to the blank quantity field to enter the desired number, then another mouse click on the next entry field... any way to fix this for faster purchase order building? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Purchase Order Item Entry "Tab" order...

We recently launched the ability to import a Purchase Order via CSV or Excel in Square for Retail Plus. 

While it doesn't affect the column skipping issue, it may speed up your purchase order creation when you are re-ordering long lists of items. 

You can read details and instructions on our help article here,  or try it out in your Dashboard.  Let us know what you think!

4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Oh, and also:  when typing an item in the "item" field and list populates, if you 'arrow' down to the item you want, you MUST hit enter or click, if you hit 'tab' you get a 'new item' form... would be better if either keystroke took you to the next field (which should be the "Qty" field! :P)

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks for posting about this, @Paulyester. I see the same thing as you when creating a purchase order, although I hit the shift and tab key together to tab backwards to the quantity field. I'm not sure if we intend to go directly to the price field or not, but that key combination should let you skip forwards and backwards so you don't need to stop and use your mouse.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Hmm... I didn't try that (duh), but I still think it's a 'workaround'.... the next field should be the next field in the table... 

Message 4 of 5
Square

We recently launched the ability to import a Purchase Order via CSV or Excel in Square for Retail Plus. 

While it doesn't affect the column skipping issue, it may speed up your purchase order creation when you are re-ordering long lists of items. 

You can read details and instructions on our help article here,  or try it out in your Dashboard.  Let us know what you think!

Message 5 of 5