x

Sales tax is being added to services when they are not saved with sales tax.

In my state it is illegal to charge tax on services. All of my services are saved with no sales tax to be added. However, recently some services are adding sales tax at checkout. Someone even booked online yesterday and it said their total was with sales tax. I have gone through and made sure these are all in as services, I have gone through and checked that sales tax is off for these services. I cannot figure out why this is happening suddenly. How do I fix this I don't want people booking online thinking I'll charge them tax on a service. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hello @SalonMariposa,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up.

Are you checking out on the Appointments or Point of Sale app? The reply marked as best answer in this thread may help: Checking out via Appointments; How to add sales tax.

If any questions remain or if that doesn't quite hit the mark, please let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper dive!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I'm checking out through the new appointments app for android. I have read other articles on here but nothing seems to have answered my question. Why would tax all of a sudden be adding on to my services that have never had tax before? I've been using square for my business for 3 years.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for confirming this @SalonMariposa. I've escalated this to our Appointments team to investigate - you're right, this shouldn't be happening. They'll email you as soon as possible today. Thanks for flagging this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4