x

Square checkout empty after adding items, embedded store in Square Space

Hello.

I have embedded my SquareUp online store into my Square Space website using an iframe code. For some reason, the cart shows that it is empty after adding items to cart. The store works fine at its own square.site page. I have tried many things and have not found a solution. 

It is important that the store be visible on the website, not as a link to be redirected to.

I know Square and Square Space are independent of one another.

If you have suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

HI, so to understand, you are wanting your .square.site store to display and work with/at Squarespace?

The .square.site store is free on Square to use on Square.  For this type of integration into another provider would need to upgrade to a Paid Plan.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 6

Hi Goldneye,

Thank you for your response and solution! I thought that may be case, after trying so many other things and both Square and Square Space giving me not much to go by.

I am going to try to upgrade my Square Space ecommerce plan. As far as Square itself, is there a plan I need to upgrade to?

Again, thank you so much.

Message 3 of 6

HI, hopefully this Square Support page will help.

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store/plans

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 6

Is there a specific paid plan to use here? I am having the same problem but none of the paid plans mention that this is a function specific to them or I would have done this long ago. Thanks. 

Message 5 of 6

HI, its not a “specific” feature available on a designated plan.  The .square.site is free to use on the Square platform therefore “locked in place”.  When you activate a paid plan, it will allow for a domain name and *may* play well with others.  It just depends on what you need and/or how you want the site to interact with others.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 6 of 6