x

Trying to print Dymo 30332 1x1" labels on Dymo Labelwriter 450 Turbo - no joy. Can anyone help?

I have found a few threads here that say it is possible to print Square barcodes using a Turbo version of the printer, but even though I know my printer and Mac computer are compatible since I currently use this set up for printing price tags using Shopkeep POS, my printer currently just advances a blank label.  The label is an option in the label printing dropdown menu so it appears to acceptable but Square support just tells me to buy a new printer (which are currently pretty unavailable online).  I would love any suggestions!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

I have the regular Dymo Labelwriter (Wireless - that part doesn't work so well). The 1x1s print really well on it. The 1x1.5, not so much 😕 The Squareup Dashboard recently changed and started hosing up my labels though. I used to HAVE to print Landscape to get my 5 digit SKU to fit. Suddenly my most recent labels were not scanning correctly and when I looked closely, they were missing a couple of bars at the end of each SKU. I switched it to Portrait and now they are working fine - although the $ of the price now sometimes prints off the left side of the sticker. As long as it scans, I'm happy!

So, although I don't have the 450 Turbo, from my experience with the Labelwriter issues, a few things you can try...use their labels. Although more expensive, I've found others don't work as well. Print only one field, like a price, to see if it's getting any data from your computer to your printer. Print from the Dymo app to see if it's an issue with the printer or with Square. Try a print with the System Dialog to see if that works any differently. There are so many parts sometimes it's difficult to pin down the problem!

Message 2 of 2