x
Highlighted
Admin

Re: What does the "Invalid location" error mean? Is it because I'm outside the US?

Hi @ibay770

As mentioned in previous posts above, spoofing or faking geolocation violates Square's Terms of Service.

You're only able to accept payments within the country that you activated your account. 

Message 51 of 55
Highlighted

Invalid location

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Invalid location

Why does my card reader keep telling me invalid location?

Message 52 of 55
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Invalid location

well, let's start with the obvious.

1. where are you?  are you inside the country that you registered your Square account with?  If you created a USA Square account it can only be used within the GPS location of the united states.

2.  What hardware do you have?  and where did you buy it?  The contactless chip readers are county specific, i.e. the Canadian one won't work with an American account and vice versa.

Message 53 of 55
Highlighted

Re: What does the "Invalid location" error mean? Is it because I'm outside the US?

Hi all,

I'm long time user of square, I have it installed on several devices under just one account,

I'm having this error on just one device, be tried everything short of uninstalling, does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

I'm in Australia, not traveling have never traveled with my business

Message 54 of 55
Highlighted
Admin

Hi @Stevebarrel! Welcome to the Community.

Is your account registered under an Australian account and the hardware purchased from Australia as well? 

Message 55 of 55