x

browser login not working

For the past couple days, since Square was having an online problem then fixed, I cannot log into my account on my computer using Chrome browser, which is up to date. Tried clearing cache resetting cookies, etc. and nothing is working. All I get is a spinning circle and the words loading dashboard, but nothing loads. I was first told by support there were no problems, then later that day after another support call the support team stated this was happening across the board with everyone. FYI - I can use the Square app on my phone, which is too small for me to do anything, which is why I need to be able to login to my account via my computer.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Super Seller

Hi @NYRainman.  I was able to sign using the Chrome browser on two devices — my iPad and my Windows laptop.  So whatever this is is not a system-wide issue.  My guess, if you are still having the problem, is that there is something wrong on your device OR with your Square account internals.

Since you’ve done everything else, I would recommend completely deleting and reinstalling the Chrome browser on your device.  If that doesn’t work, let me know.  Also, it would help in troubleshooting to know what your computer device is — Apple/Windows, OS, etc.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 23

For the past year I was using Firefox without any problems. When the problem started, I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox and that did not help. Support recommended using Chrome and took me through features to make sure Chrome was setup accordingly and that did not help.

I then tried logging into my account on my wife's computer using Firefox and Chrome and had the same issues. Then I tried using Chrome on my phone only once and that worked, as well as using the Square app on my phone, which works all the time, but the image is too small on my phone for me to get work done.

As far as it not being system wide, as you had mentioned, what support told me was that "others were having the same problem across the board in having trouble logging into their accounts using their computer". I'm just repeating what they told me. And as I mentioned, this happened right after Square had online issues for a few days recently and then claimed all was back online and functioning.

Not sure what is going on here, but like I said, I have had no issues for a year using my computer with Firefox and I've made no changes on my computer nor setting changes in any browser, both of which are up to date.

Message 3 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hey @NYRainman, glad you were able to log in, I am sorry it is going a bit slow. Do you connect to the internet through your phone? If you are using mobile data it's a good chance that your desktop computers are using a different Wi-Fi connection. Could be that and/or a network router or firewall issue. If you continue to have issues I would contact support to investigate this further and file a ticket if needed.  For account security, we cannot take those actions here. If you need anything else let me know. I hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 23

I took your advised and uninstalled Chrome then reinstalled it, ran a couple test logins and so far, I am able to use Chrome to login without any problems, but it is real slow moving. Not sure why Firefox isn't working, which is my browser of choice, but we will see what happens next.

If you have any other recommendations, please let me know.

Message 5 of 23

I heard back from Square support and they mentioned that when I first was having this problem and they told me it was a problem everyone was having, that was because they were experiencing outages. They also did not have any explanation as to why this problem was still persisting.

I did take your advise in uninstalling and then reinstalling Chrome and that has resolved my Chrome login issue. I did the same thing with Firefox, but in that case, it did not help. Firefox, which is the browser I've been using with Square for a year now without any problems,  is my browser of choice for various reasons, so I still would like to resolve whatever issue I am having with that. It's a little funny that both browsers gave me a problem at the same time, which if it was an outage problem, was not resolve when the system became stable again. But at least taking your advise with the Chrome browser did help - thank you!

Message 6 of 23

Hi there, @NYRainman 👋

I'm sorry this issue has persisted, but I am glad you're able to get in to your Dashboard on Chrome. I'm sure you have been asked this question several times, but is your Firefox browser up to date? 

I also wanted to share this Support Article that may have some troubleshooting for different browsers you have not tried yet. 

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you're continuing to see issues. 

Message 7 of 23

Yes, Firefox is up to date. I've also reinstalled it and still won't load dashboard. I do receive an email telling me that there was a login, but the dashboard never loads. I've cleared all caches, cookies, etc. and still Firefox will not load the dashboard. I looked over the video you recommended (thank you) and basically already did everything it had suggested.

For now I am using Chrome, but need to get to the bottom as to why after a year of using Firefox successfully, it now will not work with Square.

Message 8 of 23

Hey, @NYRainman 😀

Thank you for circling back to let me know. I figured you had probably tried most of that already. ☹️ Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing with the Dashboard on Firefox? I am going to reach out to our engineering team to see if they can take a deeper look as to what's going on here. Sometimes they can see something extra we might be missing. 

I'll be on the lookout for your response 😊👍

Message 9 of 23

NYRainman_0-1707755803363.png

Message 10 of 23

Hi, @NYRainman....

Do you go to the Dashboard using a favorites link? Or do you type the address into the browser search bar? I know these seem like silly questions, but can help us determine what may be going on here. 

Message 11 of 23

I have tried both ways, using a favorites link, as well as manually typing the URL in the address bar.

Message 12 of 23

Hi @NYRainman, I'm jumping in here for Summer.

Favorite links can sometimes become outdated, and I'm sorry to hear that you're facing difficulty manually typing the URL on Firefox. Google Chrome is our recommended browser for the Square Dashboard, if you prefer further assistance, I encourage you to reach out to our Support team. They can help you file a ticket with our Engineering team to address the issue.  

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I truly appreciate your time and understanding. If there's anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Message 13 of 23

I clicked on the "Support Team" link you supplied and this is the message I received:

An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url.
Message 14 of 23

I apologize. Please try here.

Let me know if this works.

Message 15 of 23

Yes, that link worked - thank you!

Message 16 of 23

You're welcome @NYRainman!

Message 17 of 23

This is ridiculous - Since the 9th of this month, one day I can login to my account and that works for a couple days and then the next day I cannot login. Just a few days ago I was logging in for about 3 or 4 days, then yesterday nothing. This morning I was able to login and now, this afternoon I cannot login again.

I have done everything support has recommended and have spent hours each day trying to get to my account, now needing tax reports from 2023 and I cannot get to them.

The only way I can login is using the app on my phone and that doesn't seem to have full access to what I need.

I cannot even use the browser on my phone. It seems that no matter what browser I use, including Chrome, on any device, and I've tried multiple devices, I have the same problem. I have had no problems for a year and since the 9th I've had nothing but problems. And please DO NOT ASK if my browsers are up to date again because I'm ready to spit fire at this point.

What is going on here because I cannot spend all this time playing around with this trying everything support recommends, over and over and over again without any resolution.

Message 18 of 23

Hey there @NYRainman 

I just did a test and was able to log into your account without any issues. Can you confirm you are using the latest Google Chrome version (Our recommended and primarily supported web browser)? And if you have tried logging in on an Incognito Window? 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 23

Yes and yes - did not help.

Message 20 of 23

Hey there @NYRainman, I appreciate you trying everything, and I am sorry this is still happening. 

I do see our team has filed a ticket and this has been escalated to engineers for you. As soon as there is an update our team will reach out to you. I will also keep an eye on the ticket and if I see any updates I can circle back here and let you know. Thank you so much for all your patience! 🙏

Message 21 of 23