x

"Cash Sales" on Cash Drawer management report do not match actual, Dashboard "cash sales" report ??

Is this a bug in the system? 

Please help!  Because of this problem, the drawer is always off.  Seems random. 

Mike

Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're noticing something off in regards to your cash drawer management, our team can take a look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, while we don't have the same access to account-specifics through the Community.

Please reach out by phone (or email) by logging into your Square account and heading here

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Square Community Moderator

@mobilecafe Most mobile payments usually don't include the use of a Cash Drawer, so it might be something that slipped through the cracks when the feature was built. Counter top solutions are likely to have a physical Cash Drawer for Pay in and Pay outs, so that's the main target audience for the Cash Drawer Management Feature. 

I can definitely see how this could help make things easier for reporting, so I'll pass your business case over to that product team and maybe we can get the ball rolling on an improvement or product update. 

Message 22 of 38

I searched this board many times looking for the answer to this question, because on thursdays and fridays are double shifts at my restaurant and nobody at square customer support could give a strait answer as to why my daily balance sheet on these days are consistently hundreds of dollars short... and over the last months my employees have used our doubt in the validity of this software to skim cash out of the register and it wasnt till I installed a second register and the tills were finally coming to the penny that I found that the amount missing on those days were the cash sales from the morning shift, because though the sales report we pull at the end of the day is for all day... the drawer report is only for that shift and even though the cash sales from earlier are still in the drawer the drawer report no longer thinks of them as cash sales... they are simply absorbed as more cash in the till for the shift. So I will share my daily ballance sheet with the community because my employees have used this reporting error as an exploit to take money.

End of Shift Balance Sheet

1)Reg A Ending Amt._____                                               Reg A Beginning Amt.________

2)Reg B Ending Amt._____                                               Reg B Beginning Amt._______

3)Check________                                                                Starting total____________

4)Card  ________                                  (PM Shift)Subtract AM Cash Sales________

5)Reg A Paid Outs_____                                                 PM Starting Total__________

6)Reg B Paid Outs_____

• Add#1-6___________________
  • Subtract Starting Total________
  • Total Collected______________
  • Over/Under________________
Message 23 of 38

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: My Sales Report Cash and Drawer Report Cash are not matching up

The earliest post I have seen on this issue is from 2016.  The post said the engineers are aware of this problem.  Well its November of 2018 and this issue remains.  

How about some commitment from Square as to when (or if), this issue will be fixed by the "Engineers"?

We pay an extra fee for Cash Drawer Management - Why are you charging customers for something that doesn't work?

Message 24 of 38
Admin

@rbell I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Please contact our CS team directly to let them know the details of any discrepancy in your cash drawer reports so that our engineering team can investigate. We definitely want to to take a closer look for you, thank you for flagging this.

In the meantime, I'm adding your post to this thread where other sellers have shared tips and advice for managing cash drawer reporting and I hope some of these will help. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 38

Helen,

This is a serious issue and needs to be fixed. I have two ipads and a Square Terminal. Cash transactions made through the Square Terminal are not showing up at all, and the two ipads (with cash management enabled) do not match the drawer report. I've weeded out all other possibilities, like staff error. It is definitely the software. The drawers miss a couple cash transactions each and that makes the daily cash sales total MORE than the drawer report. So when my staff are trying to close their individual drawers at the end of their shift there is no way for me to keep a single person accountable for their own drawer. We have to wait until the end of the night and add our drawers together and compare with the sales report. Otherwise the staff are always reporting that their drawers are over.

Message 26 of 38
Alumni

Best Answer

If you're noticing something off in regards to your cash drawer management, our team can take a look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, while we don't have the same access to account-specifics through the Community.

Please reach out by phone (or email) by logging into your Square account and heading here

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 38

Done

Message 28 of 38

I really wish they would fix this issue. We use Square for our sales at our Girl Scout cookie booths and every transaction is rung up to help with tracking sales. I kept thinking that orders were not rung up for money put in drawer. I finally realized there was a problem with the Square system. I quit using the info from the drawer report and just use the info from the sales report. Sometimes we get really busy and the girls will use the tablet while 1 or 2 adults will use their phones. Please fix this issue already.

Message 29 of 38
Beta Member

It's 2021 and the issue is STILL HERE!!!!!

Message 30 of 38

Help! When I’m ending my drawer at the end of the day, my cash sales aren’t showing in my cash reconciliation. Is there something I haven’t set up correctly? It’s making the close out procedures more difficult than they should be.

Message 31 of 38

I was just alerted to this issue by an observant staff. This has been losing me on average $30-45 EVERY DRAWER. It was not an issue when we used one device, but with COVID we have three points of sale: Order up window, bar, and mobile on the patio. This is a huge problem. Square needs to fix this.

Message 32 of 38

Ok, 2023 and I am experiencing this problem. I had a very low sales day at a convention but I know that I had more than two sales! The report doesn't line up with what I physically sold.

Message 33 of 38
Super Seller

@BethWagner ;

Which Report are you looking at that is not showing all your sales?  Square has lots of Reports for sales and depending on how you have filters setup it may not be showing all your sales by default.  If you look at your Transactions for the Day or Days in question all sales should show there.  

If you go to your Dashboard on a computer and then Transactions, then in the upper left choose the in question and then select ALL for the rest of the tabs, you will see all Transactions for the selected days.

Link to your Transactions Page:

dashboard/sales/transactions 

The Cash Drawer will only show sales in Cash to track the In/out of Cash not of all sales.  So maybe on the date in Question you had 15 Sales but only 2 were Cash sales?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 34 of 38

I'm going to have to dig deeper into it, but if I hand count my sales, they are definitely more than two sales. I did have it set as all sales types (even though I only did cash sales that day). I'm going to do some more checking to see if there is something that I missed somewhere.

Message 35 of 38
Beta Member

The sales report that is printed on the POS system reflects a continuous time frame of sales from [x date] at [x time] TO [x date] at [x time].  For example, a report printed from January 1st at 12:01a to January 7th at 11:00a will include all transactions from the beginning to the end of the time frame.

The sales report in the Dashboard reflects [x date] at [x time] AND [x date] at [x time].  For example, a report printed from January 1st at 12:01a to January 7th at 11:00a will include all transactions from each day from 12:01a to 11:00a.  Any sales outside of that time frame (after 11:00a) for all days will not be included in the report. 

The online Dashboard needs to be updated to more accurately provide reporting details.  Both options should be available on the dashboard; making ONLY the current format available on the Dashboard and the more accurate format ONLY available on the POS is not conducive to accurate accounting.  Square, please update the website Dashboard.  Thank you.

Message 36 of 38
Beta Member

It is now the year 2023 and I am having this same problem using the Square Register. I never realized this for over a year until there was a glitch with closing out a day. This is a HUGE PROBLEM and it is only adding up to all the other issues I have encountered.

Square, please stop relying on the community to find workarounds and solutions to your lack of effort. Community workarounds are only a band-aid on rainy days, it will come off!

Message 37 of 38
Square Community Moderator

Hello @WBinc, I appreciate you reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I understand your frustration and concern.  I did reply to your comment on this thread as well, and as mentioned we cannot discuss account specific information on this platform. I do see you reached out to support on December 23, 2023, and are advocate did ask for additional information, I would reply to that email and continue to work with support, so we can get this resolved. Thank you for patience.

Message 38 of 38