x

transfer domain

It has literally taken months to get my domain transferred to Square and up. We were almost up and running when I learned that Square will not process for my business.

Sad part is that every step has taken weeks and responding to inquiries from Square generally lead me to links and forms that form fields wouln't work...I can't tell you how many times a field wouldn't accept basic standard data.... and of course there is no customer service available without jumping through hoops. This has been an utter nightmare. 

Let me explain... it took weeks to get the website ssl account and email address and and and and there isn't a well defined process. I work day-and-night and then find out that I just blew half a day trying to fix something I have no control over and that I wasn't notified of so that I could have worked on something else. Pitiful. 

Now I need to move the domain back to where I was. 

My concern is that I have a gmail account and have paid for services which I haven't been able to use and won't be able to use. 

1. What is the fastest process to transfer a domain out. The standard response lacks any tangible information which I can plan out the immediate future.

2. What is the safest way to keep the email address operational while going through this transition (again, it is a google business email however the purchase was made through square.

3. When can I expect a refund?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Sorry about your experience, I can't speak for Square, but I can help you with your questions.

1. The fastest way to transfer your domain is to go directly to who you want to host the domain and put in for a transfer. This will require you to unlock your domain from Square. There is a registrar lock under your domain in Weebly. Your new domain host will ask for the Auto code and the nameservers also provided where that link points you.
  2. You will need to change your MX records in G suite after changing your domain host.
  3. I can't tell you how long it will take for a refund, but see article 13 of the Weebly terms of service on how to request a refund. If you are over the 30 days, try being really nice to the person that responds and a bit persistent if needed, it can go a long way.
Message 2 of 2