x
Admin

Square Point of Sale has a new look!

Hey Sellers,
The last 6 months our teams have been hard at work testing the new looks and features in the Square Point of Sale - App Redesign. We’re excited to announce that this is now live in your account.

Thanks to feedback from our Sellers testing across the globe, Square Point of Sale is now better than ever. The user interface that you’ve come to know over the years has gone through a few key changes to make your day-to-day business easier to manage. We’ve been hard at work to design a  system that adapts to your business’ needs, your goals and your schedule - not the other way around. With added features throughout the redesigned checkout and navigation flows, you’ll be able to accomplish more each day and watch your business grow.

Along with the addition of the new Settings redesign, the Square app has been transformed to simplify the way you interact with your point of sale. 

• No more scrolling through the library to find items - the new Favorites item grid lets you organize items with icons and images so you can find what you need fast. Easily set up items, variations and categories to customize your point of sale, across devices.
  • Easy App Navigation: Simple tabs along the bottom make the app easy to navigate. Non-checkout items are nicely tucked away under “more” - keeping your balances, reports, and additional options away from checkout to allow you to operate smoothly and efficiently. Coming soon, you’ll be able to customize which applets appear in your primary navigation bar, and which are housed under “more”.
  • Faster checkout! Seamlessly switch between Keypad, Item Library and Favorites tabs for quicker sales, now at the top of your screen (left side of your screen for Square Register).
  • Order management, you can access them from your main navigation bar and stay ahead of the rush. If you’re not using these tools, they’ll be placed out of your way under the More tab. 
  • Open Tickets, no problem!  They are easy to find right from your main checkout screen, so even closing time is under control. 

Note: These changes are rolling out gradually across all device types, starting with iOS and Android devices, and followed by Square Terminal and Square Register.

Learn more about Square Point of Sale - App Redesign in our Support Center and let us know how to improve our support content by writing a reply to this post.

Square Beta would like to thank all the testers who gave valuable feedback throughout this process. Over 135,000 Global Sellers helped to test the newest features in Square Point of Sale. You’ve helped to provide time, feedback, surveys and more to help us make the Square Point of Sale app the best choice for your business.

We could not be more grateful for your help and with the information we’ve gathered throughout this test, we are in a great position to continue to customize Square Point of Sale so it fits businesses of all shapes and sizes. Want to get started in shaping the future of Square products: join our Beta Community where you can get involved and provide feedback on the latest tests.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Beta Member

Should I still be able to swipe between product screens in the new UI? I had this feature for months, and got used to it. A month or so ago, though, it disappeared from my Square Register main checkout screen. I have tried reverting to the "previous experience" and reinstalling the update, but it has not made a difference. I have the menu at the bottom, and some of the other changes, but not the. one I appreciated the most.

Software v4.36.0074

Message 2 of 28

How long money transfer take. Been waiting since Wednesday.

Message 3 of 28

Since the update my phone will not let me swipe I have to manually put the card numbers in I have restarted logged out back in  nothing please help

Message 4 of 28

Mine also, I need help

Message 5 of 28

Why is sometime worth and sometime don't and I sometime I have to do manual  help 

Message 6 of 28

I am having trouble also..or I under my create put in a varible amount.. doesn't let me

Message 7 of 28
Beta Member

Since up date some variations of products are missing. On pos. They are listed in items help please

Message 8 of 28

I can't create any listing with variations through the app.  Very annoying considering this is my primary source of income.   Now considering other apps

Message 9 of 28
Beta Member

Hello, I'm having issues with my square debit card. It has been declining all of my transactions when trying to make a purchase. I have the funds in my square account. Having a hard time getting a representative for an explanation..

Message 10 of 28

I have a question on a what i would cost for credit card processing machine.

Message 11 of 28

How can I speak with real person stole money from someone taking me to Court

Message 12 of 28

Now my quick price set up is not working properly. I had to do 2 refunds before figuring it out. The amount shows $0.00 on the keyboard checkout screen and doesn't change to the quick amount selected, so I tapped it two more times before typing in the amount but it only shows the the typed amount and after you swipe the card the true amount shows after you have charged the customer way over what is owed. The zeros don't change but the money added anyway. It never did that before the upgrade. Before the upgrade when I tap the 12 dollar quick amout it would show 12 dollars not stay at 0.00, Please fix it back.

Message 13 of 28

What go on with this I can't get money out of  my account  and that  

Message 14 of 28

I can't get my reader to work, it keeps going to split pay??? HELP

Message 15 of 28

I bought 2 chip reader and after 1 day of use they will not connect to my phone. I wasted $100 on junk equipment 

Message 16 of 28

Try forgetting the reader on phone, then reconnect the reader. Also, if the reader is connected to another device, you have to forget the reader on the other device first. If you think it's not connected to something else, try looking harder, took me a month to realize my phone was the culprit, we use a tablet in store, but I used phone at an event and forgot about it.

Message 17 of 28

I just got my chip reader and I can't get it to linked up to my phone too! Any ideas????

Message 18 of 28

Since the update my magstripe reader isn't working.  I have to manually input credit cards. Which is costing me more in fees.

How do I get this fixed?  

Message 19 of 28

I need some help Kelley. I have been using Square for several years now without a glitch. Since I provide my service strictly by video chat, I take payments by credit card over the phone. I often used Google and signed into my account that way and it worked flawlessly.

Now all of a sudden I cannot process any payment either through Google or the Square app. This is killing me and I may have to go reluctantly elsewhere if someone does not contacted me in the next day or two with help. Please text my phone 316-882-2992 or email me at cele.flyhigh@gmail.com. to set a time when we can talk. Please.

Message 20 of 28
Beta Member

Can I see if invoice got sent

Message 21 of 28