Every business has a different approach to the holiday season. Some sellers are gearing up for their busiest time of the year but others are winding down after the summer or even closing shop for a while.
Here are some threads from the Seller Community to help you get a handle on the last few months of the year! ✨
🎉 Getting ready for the rush: staffing, promotions, gift cards and busy days
Boost sales with Square Gift Cards
Considering selling gift cards this year? It can take 1-2 weeks to order and receive plastic gift cards but you can configure and sell eGift Cards in seconds. It’s free to set up eGift Cards and with a free eGift Card website you can promote that you sell digital gift cards on social media too. Check out these threads to learn more!
Finding and hiring staff to manage holiday crowds
Need to add to your team to cope with holiday crowds? These posts will help you to find the right people for your team and how to set them up so they can take payments for your business.
- Hiring the Right Person for the Right Job
- How to Write a Job Description
- How to Advertise Your Job
- How can I set up an employee to accept credit card payments on their phones?
Keep calm and carry on!
Your customers are stressed about checking everything off their list, balancing work and family, travel and bad weather — and so are you! Read these posts for some tips on staying calm no matter what challenges you face.
- How do you manage the daily stresses and struggles of being a business owner?
- The Secret to Success Is ______?
Use Square Marketing to be top of your customer’s holiday shopping list!
You’ve put a lot of effort into creating the perfect holiday offers and sales — now it’s time to tell your customers about it. We recently hosted a Live Q&A with the Square Marketing team who shared tips to grow your email list and boost holiday sales with email campaigns. Or try out Square’s Marketing Assistant to receive campaign reports on-the-go as well as pre-designed email campaigns!
- Live Q&A Ask us anything about Square Marketing
- Get Started with Square Marketing Assistant
- Introducing the Marketing Assistant Educational Article Series
✨ If you’re winding down: seasonal businesses, pausing subscriptions, and staying productive
Shutting up shop for the winter? Take a look at these threads with practical tips for managing your Square account if you close your business temporarily this time of year.
- Does Square have annual fees?
- Square Payroll: Is there an option for seasonal payroll?
- Can the Square Loyalty and Marketing programs be suspended for seasonal businesses?
Maybe you’re considering closing your business for a season for the first time, or you’re considering staying open for the winter. In these posts sellers share their experience running a seasonal business.
- Covegirl shares her tips for starting a seasonal business
- How I grew my seasonal business to open year round
If you have extra time during the holidays this guide will help you to keep busy with deep cleans, planning, and tax season prep!
If you have any tips to share or would like any other information click Reply below. Wishing you a productive or peaceful holiday season!