x

Feature Request: Adding Afterpay to the Square Website as a payment option

We were looking at Afterpay for our square website online store and wondered if anyone knew if this was possible?

Message 1 of 169
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 01/01/2022: Afterpay is now available with Square Online! We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start 🙂

EDIT 02/08/2021: Square has just announced plans to acquire Afterpay. While we don't have integration timelines to share at the moment, read our update for more!

--------

@jhughe @Handpoked I totally understand the frustration here - having read and responded to dozens of comments such as yours over a long period of time, I'm aware of the impact that a lack of Afterpay support has on Square Online sellers who value having it as a payment method.

You won't currently find a bigger internal advocate for Afterpay support at Square than myself, and the feedback and comments we see on our Seller Community are something I regularly pass on to internal teams.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 82 of 169
168 REPLIES 168

Hi Dieterslicke

I totally agreee with your comments re afterpay, I normally just ring the merchant helpline if we have an issue, and if I am not happy with the first response I just escalate, it soon gets resloved after that. What I am trying to do here is get an answer from the higher ups as to why. Yes square support is great, But the other teams need to listen to square customers otherwise a lot may jump, due to the fact bnpl is polpular

Message 106 of 169
Super Seller

Good tips re their helpline. We’re so busy during the week we normally only discover these issues over the weekend when we have time for website updates etc and need support outside of their phone hours. Will give it a try next time.

Seamus is a great advocate for us Australian sellers and he has been personally pushing for Afterpay support, so I have no doubt one day it will happen. Like I said, there are so many other great things about Square for us that we just find an alternative way around it’s limitations. And for us in this case with Square Online, it was using Squarespace instead for our website and e-com. Square Online has had some huge upgrades already this year so I think there could be more to come in this space.

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 107 of 169

Registering our vote for AFTERPAY. We love square but honestly, I’m thinking of moving providers as square has minimal features 

Message 108 of 169

Pull your finger out Square seriously!

Message 109 of 169

any updates, yes you can use the card, for afterpay, but your customers want to offer it on their website as well

Message 110 of 169
Square Community Moderator

No updates on Afterpay for Square online at the moment @jhughe, I'm afraid. We'll tag everyone in this thread to share an update as soon as we have news on this feature request! 

Message 111 of 169

well if they dont want other bnpl, maybe they should think of doing their own, now paypal is in on the game and has a bnpl

Message 112 of 169

well it looks like we may get afterpay on our webstorws

Square to acquire Afterpay

To Our Valued Partner,

Today, we are very proud to announce that we have entered into an agreement for Square to acquire Afterpay - for the full details, you can read the press release here. We, as co-founders of Afterpay, are incredibly excited by this announcement - as we believe that, together, we will add even more value to your business by connecting you with a new class of next generation consumers.

More specifically, Square has both the consumer expertise and the merchant technology to help scale our marketing platform and accelerate our ability to connect you with engaged next generation consumers. Working together, the combined teams plan to offer an innovative commerce platform with even deeper omni-channel offerings.

Our current plan is for Afterpay to keep its existing brand and functionality as part of this new partnership and it will continue to be led by a stellar management team. There will be no interruption or change to our relationship and we look forward to sharing how Square and Afterpay, together, can deliver even more value and benefits to you.

We will be in touch shortly to discuss this exciting news and our next phase of growth together in the coming weeks. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your sales partner for any immediate questions.

Best regards,

Nick Molnar and Ant Eisen

Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Afterpay/Clearpay

Message 113 of 169
Admin

@jhughe Yep, it's looking a little more likely this week than it did last week 🤣

No timelines are available yet, but you can read more here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 114 of 169

i have recently set up an afterpay business account and can use my square reader to take afterpay card payments

if anyone is willing to try to see if it also works online my site is http://spiritofcreation.square.site/

then you will also know this works for you too i am in Australia and i am required to a an abn, registered business name and a business banking account

Message 115 of 169

i have recently set up my own afterpay and can take afterpaycard payments on my square reader can someone please try to see if it woks online also http://spiritofcreation.square.site/ 

must use afterpay card function from google pay if you understand how to

Message 116 of 169
Square Community Moderator

Hey @spiritofcreatio,

Thanks for getting in touch!

While you can already accept the Afterpay card on Square Hardware to take in person payments, we don't have an integration between Afterpay and Square online at the moment.

We're looking forward to integrating Afterpay across the Square product ecosystem in the future, though! Read more at https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Product-Updates/Square-Announces-Plans-to-Acquire-Afterpay/ba-p/2...

Message 117 of 169

coming in to put this forward please

Message 118 of 169
Admin

Afterpay is now available with Square Online! 

We'll continue to work on integrating Afterpay across Square's product ecosystem, availability with Square Online is just the start 🙂

@Leadinveck @renmishele @JenC @terrariumstudio @Corinne1 @TLD22 @SheridanFF @AccessoryQueen @Luckykids @disneyscreation @NicholasP @VintageSupplies @Dreamydesigns @Mishelly01 @Manhattahchic @hereifyouneedco @Cedarcity @CakesbyDrew @StephanieM2 @THEUFC @Handpoked @JodieLeeDines @redbootsphoto @Uricinex @Mez 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 119 of 169
Admin

Tagging @jhughe @yachtclubbing @TBear @SomeonesMum @Trueaura @Skatelab @SavvyGirlGems @Deadstokd @thehuntworks @Keesh @AlannahP @jhughe @Trueaura @thecandygraze @ParasSD @kwestport @LOLj @SMACREATIONS @Miliandrose @paintimperfect @_aniandco @Haylz82 @hayleymorgan @soulandsage @SaltyBae @spiritofcreatio @pixiehome - Afterpay is now available on Square Online!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 120 of 169

Yay! thanks for letting us know 🙂

Message 121 of 169

yes just got the email from afterpay

Message 122 of 169
Beta Member

Yes I just noticed it when logging in to update my site!  I'm so excited that we finally have it!  Hopefully soon square websites will be on the Afterpay site as well!

Message 123 of 169
Beta Member

It looks great, and easily enabled/integrated.  However I discovered this glitch that isn't great at all:

[image removed]

Message 124 of 169
Admin

@SweetRelief Without being able to look into your account back end, on the face of it this looks like the local delivery area function working as intended? Are you able to check these settings, or did you intend to test the feature for shipping rather than local delivery?

If this address is definitely within the defined rules of your delivery radius or postcodes though, support will be able to help further - but first I want to make sure the most obvious answer can be ruled out!

Note: I've removed your screenshot as we have a community policy against posting personal information in public here. For your safety, it's probably best to avoid posting your name, address and phone number online in public places 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 125 of 169
Beta Member

Hi @Seamus ,

I have both delivery AND shipping functionality set up on the website, also pickup too.  The address listed was well within the delivery radius, so it is definitely a glitch.  

Thanks for removing the screenshot - I wasn't worried about details as it is all publicly listed on my website/Google Maps anyways.

Tanya.

Message 126 of 169