x

Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm at 71% and usually see a offer by now (between 65%-70&).

Message 1 of 1,978
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Has anyone received a loan offer in 2023?

I'm where you are at (minus the actual loan offer part.) Sale are up about 60% over a year ago and processing is up about 65%.  All the other things are in the green.

I think most people's frustrations are that it's just not transparent and there isn't a clear goal to strive for. It is also disheartening to just be told the same quotes over and over. It comes across as uncaring and impersonal. Which if that's the case is fine, that should be conveyed to clear up misconceptions and so people don't get their hopes up. It would also come across as more professional to state those things (economy and such) from Square itself. It would let people know where they stand and can make appropriate decisions. 

3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi all 👋 @Blackbear579 @DD_2019 @Me2018_ @Swain - I just wanted to drop in to provide some context on Square Loan offers:

Square accounts—including accounts with an active loan—are reviewed for eligibility regularly. You don’t need to contact us or provide any additional information to become eligible for another loan offer. You can check your Square Dashboard (at any time for more information about your current eligibility status.

Offers are not guaranteed and we are unable to predict when your business may receive another offer. Loan offer details, as well as the timing of eligibility, may differ from your current Square loan. You can find additional details here in the Square Loan Eligibility FAQ support article.

If you have any additional questions about Square Loans, you'll need to get in touch with the Square Financial Services Team by logging into your Square account and heading here. The Financial Services Team's business hours are Monday - Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM CST.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 96 of 1,978

Best Answer

Hello, @Fca

It's understandable that you're curious about the timeline for a new loan offer after being denied, especially given your previous experience. Every case and account is different, on this platform we do not have greater visibility regarding your account and loan qualifications. 

For Square Loan related questions and Loan availability or eligibility you will want to reach out to the Square Banking team. They are available at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. Our designated team will be more than happy to help you further. 

In addition, we went ahead and merged your post to this existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussion their Square Loans. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 1499 of 1,978

Best Answer

Hello, @bsa77

We understand that not being guaranteed a loan offer can be frustrating. 

If your business isn’t eligible for another loan at this time, rest assured your account is automatically reviewed regularly to determine eligibility.

We recently added a eligibility page that you can navigate to by going to the Loans tab on your Square Dashboard to gain more insight into the status of your Square Loans eligibility. We analyze your business’s data for key factors that determine eligibility, such as processing volume, payment frequency, and account activity. Please note that there are many factors that may affect your eligibility, and accounts are evaluated as a whole.

If you’re eligible for another loan, we’ll notify you through email and in your Square Dashboard.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Kacey
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 1620 of 1,978
1,977 REPLIES 1,977
Beta Member

Yes I’m so over it honestly. It has now been 10 months since the “temporary” limit was put on ONE customer (the limit was 60k too btw) and not a single issue. I’ve never had an issue with anyone, knock on wood. I have tons of positive feedback but nobody at square cares. They really have lied and maliciously hurt me. 

Message 1954 of 1,978
Beta Member

Just wanted to let everyone know I just received an offer at 79% paid for $40k

Message 1955 of 1,978
Beta Member

Congrats

Message 1956 of 1,978

Nice.  Good for you. May I ask, how much have you processed in card sales within the past year?

Message 1957 of 1,978
Beta Member

$280k in credit cards

Message 1958 of 1,978
Super Seller

Congratulations!!!!! 

Message 1959 of 1,978
Super Seller

Well today was quarter 1 2024 earning results day for Block/Square.  Square loans up huge again this year.  Amazing.

Square Loans facilitated 129,000 loans totaling $1.32 billion in originations, up 17% year over year.  That's huge with an average of 1,450 loans per Day!  and an average of $10,200 per loan.

So while it may seem like you aren't getting a loan for whatever reason, there are literally over 10,000 loans happening a week.  Personally I think Square even starting to offer loans before the first one is paid off was a complicated decision.  Because once you get the taste at 73% or whatever now you think that is standard.

Best of luck to everyone in your businesses and may your cash registers sing.

Message 1960 of 1,978
Super Seller

Thank you! I try to tell people what we see here is such a small fraction of actual square businesses that post here. I agree also, usually the first words that they say is "I use to" I understand use too but it hasn't been that way for most (not all) a higher percentage paid back. I actually like it! If I need it or take the offer I'm getting more of that loan instead of paying off  25% of a previous loan. That's again for posting this! 

Message 1961 of 1,978
Super Seller

Yes it is good for people to see that yes there are a few people posting here about loan issues but in the meantime every minute of every day a new loan is started.  That is basically not something that can be comprehended that so many are happening.

129,000 in 91 days (131,040 minutes) so almost exactly 1 loan per minute.

Message 1962 of 1,978

I've gone 1.5 years without a loan offer. Our revenue went from 120k our first year (we took two small loans with Square) to now on pace for 360k in 2024, 0 chargebacks less than 5 refunds a year, increasing customer list and monthly transactions. We've been provided 0 help or explanation from Square. Same typical automated response. From both email and phone. 

Our new office opening in July will not be using Square as they've shown they don't care about us or the processing fee on 500k+ in transactions we have done. 

Message 1963 of 1,978
Super Seller

Hmm, that's just strange to me? You're the 2nd business I have seen in the last couple of weeks saying the same thing? With the amount of revenue I wouldn't think that less than 5 returns would be the only factor? We have a no return policy so that doesn't help with your situation. When you call are you just getting regular customer service that gives you the typical script or can you get persistent and get to a loan agent or at least that department? After your other loans that you had were you offered any and turned them down? Sorry for so many questions it just seems odd and you are not the first now unfortunately. The other was pretty similar 2/3 yrs no offer, doing roughly 300k a year. I believe if I remember correctly about 12 yrs with square and did 3/4 earlier on in the first few years. They did turn down 4/5 in a row and boom nothing since? Good luck and maybe @Vankalker can suggest something else?

Message 1964 of 1,978

We also have a no return policy, 80% of our very few refunds are actually Square's fault in the payment plans, where they're charging clients past their billing cycle. (That's a whole different problem) 

2022 gross sales 138k 2 loan offers, both paid back in less than 90 days. No offer after Oct 2022. 1 Employee

2023 gross sales  202k 0 loan offers, 0 chargebacks or bad remarks. 2 Employees

2024 on pace for 360k 0 loan offers, 0 chargebacks or bad remarks. 4 Employees 

I've called and spoken with their banking department who've said they can't do anything and then (insert square automated message about how loans work). The furthest I've gotten is they've wrote up a report to the loans team who than proceeded to reach out to me via email with the SAME automated message about how Square loans work. 

Message 1965 of 1,978
Super Seller

Yeah, I think you just keep getting the same answers because they can't go off script and say something different as then that can be used against them or some other thing.    
If you can't get Square loans, I would say the even better option is to try and talk to a few banks about a Line of credit.  It'll be way cheaper in the long run.  I haven't had a loan in over 20 years once we got our RLOC setup.  just hit it and use it for the 15, 20, 60, 90 days you need and pay it back and you only get charged interest for the days you borrowed.  When rates were low we were literally hitting the LOC for 60 days cause it was cheaper than pulling CDs or taking investments out of the market.

Message 1966 of 1,978

We do have a current LOC with our bank. We used a good chunk of it to fund new equipment purchased in 2024. Hence the main reason for our big jump in revenue for YTD 2024. We are slowly paying it down, but the Square loan would of been a massive boost for our current and new location. Thanks for the reply. 

Message 1967 of 1,978
Super Seller

Has anyone else seen a big turn around from credit cards vs cash? With so many businesses adding additional costs onto cards the amount of cash and checks vs cards is crazy 🤪 I'm retail furniture store if anyone is doing the same I would love to know? 

Message 1968 of 1,978

YTD 85.74 CC vs last year to this date was 87.39% CC.  So currently a little bit more cash.

Message 1969 of 1,978

Our checkouts get a little goofy sometimes with women paying some cash to lower their flower bill on the credit card.  It's probably something that happens in many places, but it'll be a $360 total and they bust out a $100 from bowling winnings or whatever to make the bill only $260 on the CC.  dozens of times a day.  

But still, even with that I just assume 85%+ will be CC which in the end is fine by me.  Up until 20 years ago, my parents refused to take CC.  I finally got them to start and immediately average sales started increasing.  it has been a steady increase from 20% CC the first year to where we are now. 

I just wish the CC industry would get all their cards chipped so we can crank out the tap-and-go instead of dipping or the awful swipe-only cards still out there.

Message 1970 of 1,978
Super Seller

😆 🤣 😂 yes! We see a lot! Or their receipt has their email or number and I always ask would you like me to send it to their? Noooooooo thats my husband's! 😆 🤣 😂 I just take the paper receipt or I don't even need one really! Sometimes we tend to sneak stuff into the house and if it's my husband he has no idea and 2 weeks later will ask if that lamp is new? Noooooo it was in the spare bedroom and I just moved it! 😆 🤣 

Message 1971 of 1,978

Message 1972 of 1,978
Super Seller

I know everyone loves cash and cash is king type thing. My only issue is our location and we are downtown but literally each way you go we are surrounded by interstates going up north or south. A mile from that is another interstate that goes straight across the whole state. We belong to the Chamber of Commerce and each meeting is about security and safety. We are in a prime location to be robbed. We have a floor safe and everyone knows its money and your life isn't worth it type thing. But cards I swipe they go and I just prefer cards over cash for that reason. I know a lot of people will carry a set amount of money so they don't go over their budget type thing and I get that but ughhhhh go get a prepaid credit card please! Lol 😆 luckily we are right next to the famous Cops and Doughnuts so we do have a lot of police presence in our downtown area. 

Message 1973 of 1,978

A garden center that I am friends with went cashless 4 years ago (just happened to time out with the covid) because they do over 15 million in 3 months and having 30 registers with teenagers counting out tills and runners collecting was just getting too much.  Now if you want to use cash you are able to buy gift cards with cash on the way in.  Lots of Facebook backlash and yet in the end sales were up 17%.  

I don't know that I would ever go cashless but I am fine with the few percent Square takes in exchange for the ease of transactions and speed.  We are surrounded by the 3rd and 5th poorest cities in Illinois and literally next to a highway.  Never has anything happened but it always could.  I try and clear the registers every hour.,

Message 1974 of 1,978