x
Super Seller

Feature Request: Request billing address with shipping address during online checkout

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Require Billing Address during Checkout

We use Square Online (Weebly) for delivery and pickup orders for our restaurants. Since switching to Weebly, we have been hit with non-stop fraud. We have set our store to require a billing address, yet the checkout process does not require it. 

Why isn't this setting working? I do not want to accept any card where the billing address is not provided and/or does not match the card billing address to try and reduce the amount of fraud. Additionally, I only want to allow delivery where the billing address and delivery address match.

Simply having the card#, CVV, and billing zip code is not enough to protect us from credit card fraud. 

This is a problem that has cost us almost $1k in the past 2-3 months and we need a resolution to this issue.

Serving the best empanadas in Brooklyn - PERIOD!
Message 1 of 94
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Request billing address with shipping address during online checkout

The updated checkout and info collection features are available on our free tier of Square Online.

We can provide a bit of info that should help explain why you may not be seeing this field on your website:

• Only our updated Square Online checkout experience includes this new feature.

• Unfortunately that new experience isn’t compatible with some of integrations/code you may be using on your sites. We’re aware of this - and hope to bring the improvements to sites using these integrations on their sites in the coming months.
    • That being said, if you remove the integrations that are not currently supported, you should be seeing a billing address field!

• These improvements were only introduced to Square Online, not Weebly. We encourage you to consider moving over to a Square Online website if you would like to gain access to our newest features as they become available.

• If your site is built on another platform - like WooCommerce - checkout features like this one would be offered by them. We recommend reaching out to your provider for more information.

If this doesn't quite answer your concerns, we encourage you to reach out directly so our team can take a peek at what you've got going on and dig deeper with you than we're able to here!

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

We launched this feature last Friday, y'all! 

You can now opt in to always collecting buyer address for each of your fulfillment types. Once you do, a new Billing Address section will be included at checkout for buyers for orders, with the billing address showing up in their order details as expected.

You can find this feature by logging in your Square Online overview page > Settings > Checkout > Advanced Settings

This is what your customers will see:

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 65 of 94
93 REPLIES 93
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @balmonte,

Are you still seeing this occurring? If so, we recommend getting in contact with our direct Customer Success team as soon as you are able to. They will be able to escalate and get this over to the proper teams!

Ellie
Message 85 of 94
Super Seller

Yes the issue is still occurring. 

Serving the best empanadas in Brooklyn - PERIOD!
Message 86 of 94

is this feature still exist? I'm trying to collect my client shipping address but seems like this option dose not exist anymore

Message 87 of 94

This doesn't seem to be working for me. I changed our settings to always collect buyer address (for all types of fulfillments including non-physical) but when I test it, I do not get any address fields to complete. Any ideas for me?

Message 88 of 94

does this also work for when someone books an appointment for like house call appointment, I've tried this and still don't see that option where it shows to input address

Message 89 of 94

The Billing Address option is now showing on our site as of today. I will be checking orders as they come in to see if I am seeing the billing info.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF SOMEONE FROM SQUARE HAD CONTACTED ME TO LET ME KNOW THE ISSUE WAS FIXED!

Message 90 of 94
Alumni

Hi again @CharliesJewls - only our updated checkout experience includes this new feature, but unfortunately that new experience isn’t compatible with some of integrations you may have been using on your site. We’re aware of this - and hope to bring the improvements to sites using these integrations on their sites in the coming months.

However, the updated checkout and info collection features are available on our free tier.
That being said, if you remove the integrations that are not currently supported, you should be seeing a billing address field!

If this doesn't quite answer your concerns, we encourage you to reach out directly so our team can take a peek at what you've got going on and dig deeper with you than we're able to here!

Valentina
Message 91 of 94

WHAT integrations? We are on the Square Online Platform, and only using anything built-in. And why would it be available on your FREE tier but not available to a paid tier like we (it appears to be) wasted our money on?

We were never on Weebly. We were developing our site originally on WooCommerce, and it's really strange that the Square Integration for WooCommerce REQUIRES a billing address, but Square Online Native DOES NOT!

I am really confused as to how a credit card payment processor, SUCH AS SQUARE, does not want to make available to the merchants like us, some fraud protection. But if we sign up for PAID Risk Management, then we get SOME relief, but still not much since y'all removed merchant protection.

We are back to developing our site in WooCommerce, and when our paid year is up in June of 2022, we WILL be moving back to it.  We get more fraud protection, templates, and more for FREE on Woo, then we do here. We have over 30 FREE Templates available to us in Woo, which look a heck of a lot better than Square's one default template.

CJP

Message 92 of 94

So I'm still waiting to have my customer's billing info provided to me by Square.  We DID have it (about 12-18 months ago) and now we do NOT have it shortly after Square bought Weebly (my webstore's platform).  NOW....I just addressed my customer by the WRONG NAME because I only have the shipping info for this order and the two zip codes were the same.  Well, I was wrong!!  The customer immediately phoned me (Sunday night) and was agitated and said this was a wedding gift set and they now don't trust us anymore.  If we can't even get the BUYER'S name right...how can we be trusted with this important and VERY expensive gift!!  They cancelled their order.  So....in these very very very difficult times for retailers, Thanks a LOT Square.  We need every single order.  Square bought Weebly so now we're a part of Square...give us the same benefits and rights to information and services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 93 of 94
Alumni

Wanted to drop by with some additional clarification about this feature, @mary896.

I went ahead and updated my answer (the Verified one) with the most up-to-date clarifying information we have.

I hope this is helpful, but don't hesitate to reach out if you need a hand with your account.

Valentina
Message 94 of 94