x
Beta Member

How do I remove the cash app button from my item page on square online?

They added this feature.  It makes my website look awful and is destroying my brand.  How do I remove it?

Message 1 of 59
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Meetings- I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can disable Cash App acceptance through your Square Online store by visiting your Online Dashboard. From there, you'll select Settings on the left and then Checkout.  Then, you can click the toggle switch next to Accept Cash App to disable it, as shown below.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

PLEASE LET US KNOW how to delete the "Cash App" button that was added to our store without our knowing. We dislike it and don't want it there and see no way to disable it.

Message 22 of 59

I'll be in touch with more details on removing this button once I hear back from the team @removecashapp

Message 23 of 59

Hi @removecashapp -- I just wanted to confirm that the Cash App Pay in installments beta feature has been removed from your account, so it will no longer appear on your site!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 24 of 59

Hi, we would like to disable Cash App Pay on our POS system customer display PLEASE, this has been frustrating for us and customers. Thank you

Message 25 of 59

Welcome to the Community, @Olbrich

Completely understand the wanting to remove Cash App from your website. You can do this through your Square Dashboard. 

Go to Online > Settings > Checkout >Toggle off Cash App. I would recommend re-publishing your site after this, so it is updated. 

Please let me know if you have any issues with this! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 59

Hi! Yes, we want this removed from our site as well. We're a nonprofit, this has taken waaaay to many staff hours already, especially for something we did not opt in to

Message 27 of 59

I'm sorry to hear the troubles this has caused you and your staff @adobbratz. The feature has been removed from your account so you no longer should see it on your site.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 28 of 59

Thank you!

Message 29 of 59
Beta Member

So.... commenting here is how we get the CashApp option off of our online sites? May I also please have this feature removed so that it no longer appears on my site? Thank you!

Message 30 of 59

I apologize for the delay @ShopGirlNY152. I wanted to confirm that the feature has been removed from your account so it should no longer be visible on your site! 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 31 of 59
Beta Member

Thank you! If this feature were something that I could selectively apply to my higher priced items instead of every single item (including things that cost as little as $5) I might consider it at a later date. Also, when new features are being added such as this-- something that looks bad and doesn't really make sense-- it might be nice to be given a heads up on the front end and have the option to opt IN instead of out. Thanks!

Message 32 of 59

Totally understood @ShopGirlNY152 -- I really appreciate the feedback. This will definitely be taken into consideration for future improvements as we continue to test this new feature! 👏

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 33 of 59
Beta Member

PLEASE remove Cash App Pay from my site as well. The icon is so tacky and there is no way to disable it. I do not have the toggle switch under settings>checkout to turn it off.  I do not want it. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE remove it from my account/site.

Message 34 of 59

Thank you for your feedback @safsac. The Cash App pay in installments beta feature has been removed from your account so you should not longer see it on your Square Online site. 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 35 of 59
Beta Member

Thank you!!!

Message 36 of 59

Please remove from my site as well.  Disabling CashApp in the setting does not remove it from the item page and it is super tacky

Message 37 of 59

Hi @TBAN 👋, thanks for your feedback!

We've just removed the Cash App Pay in installments feature from your account, so it will no longer be presented at the item level or checkout for your customers.

If you do wish to have Cash App Pay enabled as a payment option on your site, you can toggle that payment method on once more in Settings > Checkout. Doing so will not present the "Pay in 4 installments" option at checkout.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 38 of 59

We would also like this feature removed from our site.

Message 39 of 59

@TBSC 

To confirm, the Cash App Pay in installments feature has been removed from your account.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 40 of 59
Beta Member

Please remove this from our site as well.  Don't mind having it as an option at checkout but the 4 installments widget ABOVE the item descriptions is just tacky.  Especially since we have spent a couple hours trying to remove it by following the instructions to disable, trying multiple computer, browsers, etc...  Thank You.

Message 41 of 59

Thank you for the feedback @mallows 🙏 | To confirm, the Cash App Pay in installments feature has been removed from your account.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 42 of 59