x
Beta Member

Pay button doesn't work in Square Online, when user logged in on an iPhone

On an iPhone someone presented to me, if a user logs in (or is automatically pseudo logged in by entering a matching phone number), after entering payment details, the Pay button does nothing when pushed. It appears like the button is active, but it does nothing when you press it. The Apple Pay button disappears as well in that state. In order to actually pay, the user needs to select the "logout and pay as guest" option.

This seems like a critical bug, as it's not clear to the user what is wrong (and nothing should be wrong) or how to fix it - the button just doesn't work.

I should note, it works fine on Android and on Desktop, and for first-time orders on this iPhone. I'm not sure if it's a problem with this particular phone or not, but it persists after clearing cookies.

Our website is https://www.hannahcoffee.com/

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hi @salo.  Well, I have to hand it to you — you certainly have covered all of the troubleshooting bases I would have suggested!  That certainly sounds like a but that might be caused by something messed up in your account.  Things like that have happened to me occasionally over the years.  The only way to fix it is to call the Customer Success Team, and get them started investigating.  Hopefully they would be able to replicate what you are seeing, and then get the development team on it.

After I post this reply, I’ll flag your thread to them.  But I have no clue how long their waiting list is.

I wish you a quick and satisfactory resolution!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @salo,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have looked further into this on my end and not seeing this being a known issue right now. But let's definitely reach out to Square Online Support because they would have a better idea. You can reach Online Support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport. Please let us know if you need anything else, we are always here! 

Message 3 of 3