x
Beta Member

For here or to go -- forced selection

For tax purposes we need to know if the transaction will be eat on premises or not. I know Square Register lets the cashier toggle "for here" or "to go" but they rarely ask the customer and just use the default setting. 

How can we can prevent the cashier from completing the transaction UNELSS they proactively answer this question?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @square_marc. At this point, what you see is what you get.  Over the years, I have seen various workarounds suggested, but none of them will help with your particular situation of having different sales tax rates depending on the dining option.

Here is a link to a recent feature request where someone asked for what you are asking for.  You should follow the link, upvote this, and add your real-world use case for needing this ASAP!  I believe that the fact this is causing you sales tax headaches might be what is needed to light a fire under getting this one moved up the priority list!

Otherwise, employee’s not doing their basic jobs is something I guess we will all always have to struggle with, eh?  Which is why we need the technology to help us do that!  I wish you well.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2