x

Kitchen printer with buzzer that works with square?

I have a tsp100 bluetooth buzzer that will not work with square, since it needs a signal for it to sound. I have heard the 700 series can be set to buzz regardless of what signal square sends it. Is anyone using the 700 series bluetooth? I'm looking into the SP742BI.

Is there any other kitchen printer that will buzz as a square printer?

Can we get a time frame for when this common feature may be added to square? or if its not possible let us know also. The dates of something working on a solution on the other threads go back to 2017. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Goodandjef thank you for taking the time to post this. Right now we don't have any officially supported buzzers for our systems, but it is a popular feature request that we are taking feedback for. 

In regards to getting a compatible printer to buzz, that would be something that would be pretty case specific and likely to be glitchy since we don't have this supported just yet. 

@mikesclub I'm looping you in to see if you have any expertise in this field? Apologies if you don't have any of the hardware mentioned. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

@AshleyK we also need this. everyone has needed this for years. what's with the wait?

Lucky Thai
Message 3 of 6

@AshleyK, We replaced the Square pos system last year. Until then our kitchen staff used to have a buzzer with the older system . It seems this was a very popular feature.  Please try to accommodate this feature asap. We are happy with the system but our staff is not happy because of this feature.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I hear ya! Thank you so much for sharing. I will bubble the feedback up right away. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

We need the buzzer

Message 6 of 6