x
Beta Member

Can you transfer inventory from one location to another and have it update the inventory at location

I have more then one location and use square at both under the same account. Is the a way to transfer an item to a different location in the square app. without having to adjust the inventory count. Right now I am adding stock at the one location and re-counting inventory at the other t keep inventory accurate. It seems there should just be a transfer option.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Tattoochick !

With Square for Retail: Inventory Plus, you should be able to transfer stock by following these instructions:

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Actions > Transfer Stock. From here you can begin your stock transfer.
  3. Select both the source and destination locations.
  4. Choose the items to transfer and enter the transfer quantity. Take note of the current source location stock levels to ensure you have enough stock to support the transfer.
  5. Click Complete Transfer.

Stock transfer with Retail

Once you complete the transfer, you can view the order information at any time — including location details, product name, date and time — all from your History log. Each transfer is assigned a unique transfer number to help identify past transfers.

To filter your history to only view item transfers, click All Adjustment Types > deselect all filters except Transferred.

Is this what you were doing already? Let me know, as I want to see if there's a better solution here that fits your needs. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I don't seem to have that option. That seem to be only available in the plus version. $60 a  month is too expensive. Maybe at a smaller fee for just that add on feature I would do it.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Totally understand @Tattoochick. That's good feedback.

We do have a free one-month trial. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 4