x
Beta Member

Filtered Item Library Export - files corrupted

I was excited to discover that there's been an update in the Item Export options to allow for exporting only the items in the current on-screen filter (I may have whooped loud enough to draw attention from customers). However when I tested it out, Excel says the file is corrupted and can't be opened (see screenshots). I gave it another week or two to see if maybe there was a bug that needed to be worked out, but I tried again today and am still getting the error. Thoughts?

View 1: Selecting the items to be exported

View 1: Selecting the items to be exportedView 1: Selecting the items to be exported

View 2: Excel cannot open the file, asks if I want to try to recover

View 2: Excel cannot open the file, asks if I want to try to recoverView 2: Excel cannot open the file, asks if I want to try to recover

View 3: Excel attempts and fails to repair, suggests using the Open And Repair command

View 3: Excel attmepts and fails to repair, suggest using the Open And Repair commandView 3: Excel attmepts and fails to repair, suggest using the Open And Repair command

View 4: Open And Repair command

View 4: Open And Repair commandView 4: Open And Repair command

View 5: Open And Repair unsuccessful

View 5: Open And Repair unsuccessfulView 5: Open And Repair unsuccessful

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Oh, forgot to add that exporting the full Item Library and the Blank Import Template both work fine; but neither Excel nor CSV format options work for filtered results.

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @FGFgifts, I appreciate you flagging this. Aside, from this, I hope everything else with Square is working out. I am taking a deeper dive into this and will follow up! 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @FGFgifts

I just tested this, and wasn't able to reproduce this on my personal account (my filtered export worked as expected). If you continue to have this issue, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team, so they can take a closer look and escalate this for further investigation and resolution. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

When I tried to export filtered results, Square supplied a red rectangle with the words "Something went wrong!" and an X in the upper right hand corner, then the red rectangle slides down and I'm back in the item library screen.  I don't need all 3,000 items.  

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 12.38.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 12.38.24 PM.png

Catherine G. Tripp
Message 5 of 5