x

How do I run a report for tips collected?

Can we run a report of the tips collected for the day? For the week?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @ApotheosisComic  - Tips are posted on the Sales Summary Report from Dashboard. You can customize the date range by using the date selector at the top.

If you're subscribed to Team Plus and want to view tips by employee, check out this thread

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @ApotheosisComic  - Tips are posted on the Sales Summary Report from Dashboard. You can customize the date range by using the date selector at the top.

If you're subscribed to Team Plus and want to view tips by employee, check out this thread

Justin
Message 2 of 6

How can I run a report showing the detail of the tips not just an amount based on the date range?

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PrepFoodsbyEE - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

Could you explain what kind of details you are looking for in the tip report?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 4 of 6

We are a food prep company. We have online ordering and retail (front of house) sales, as well as event sales. Customers tip on each of these types of sales. We do not specify sales to a certain employee (shared) between the online and retail sales. Tips that are given on event sales need to be specified to the employees that work the events. I am looking for a report, based on a date range, that shows detail of tips that are given on each transaction. We can reports that show the total of the tips received, but are unable to "drill down" to see the detail.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for following up here, @PrepFoodsbyEE!

How do you plan to separate the event sales from the non-event sales? 

You could create a Team Member named "event sale" and assign the appropriate sales to that Team Member so those tips can be separated from the non-event sales. Or, you could create a separate location in your current Square account for event sales only. We would essentially need to manipulate the reporting tools that we have available to distinguish the difference between these types of sales. Otherwise, the system won't be able to separate the two in a report.

Let me know what you think and I'll keep an eye out for your response 🙂

Violet
Message 6 of 6