x

refund going to original form of payment which is a problem

Is anyone having a problem with refunds going only to original form of payment?

In cases of split payment, or if using a gift card that was loaded from a previous return, square only allows refunds to go back to original form of payment.

This is a problem for me because as like most small boutiques our return policy is for store credit or exchange only.

The other problem is we re-use our gift cards and do not have the previous gift card to load for the customer or another customer has it.

Another issue is the refund goes back to their cc, which means next time they will question why we've refunded to their cc before - and not followed our refund policy.

Lastly - if a customer buys a gift and the recipient brings the purchase back to return back and wants a gift card to use for a later date - we can not accommodate that because the refund would go back to the one who bought the gift.

Basically - this has many issues and causes a lot of grief for us, and my customers and a potential customer (being the one receiving the gift)

Would appreciate any feed back to help and also allow square to know i am not alone with this issue to possible get it changed.

Thanks!

when split payment is made or after customer is returning item on a refunded 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Sputt.

Thank you for sharing your concerns about the refund process. We understand that the current system poses challenges, especially for businesses with specific return policies likes yours. At this time, we do not have a workaround for this process. We kindly suggest providing your feedback and pain points in our Ideate board where our Square product team has greater visibility and Square sellers can chime in with their use case to create a stronger case on why this feature is highly needed. 

Once again we appreciate your detailed post and examples. Your feedback is very valuable to us. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2