x

CHIP READER NOT WORKING

I cannot get my chip reader to come on or do anything. everything that is plugged into my usb hub works, but chip reader is not being read as being connected. I've tried, the power button...I can't get it to do anything. Not even a shutdown. 

I did have a brief interruption with the internet when it came unplugged from modem, but I tried to restart tablet and all, everything else works, but I can't get my chip reader to come back on.

I NEED HELP ASAP...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Raes2018 - thanks so much for letting us know about this. So sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.

It definitely sounds like you are on the right track with troubleshooting here; thanks for trying those steps. Would you mind seeing if there is any pending software update available for either your Point of Sale app, or for your tablet itself? Often times, if there is a newer software version available, it can deprecate some basic functions of our hardware - such as Bluetooth pairing. 

If you are needing some helpful steps on checking if there is an update, I would recommend this resource. It also provides some more troubleshooting steps for getting your reader back to where it needs to be. 

If those steps don't happen to work, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team. They will ensure this gets resolved for you in a timely manner. 

Let me know if you have any questions! I am here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2