x
Beta Member

Customers not syncing

Hello!

In the last week since the migration of old online stores to the new Weebly format, I've noticed that my customers are no longer syncing up. By this I mean that in the past, after a customer placed an order through Weebly, their information would be searchable in the Customers tab on my Square POS app. This was very useful for contacting that customer or creating an invoice. Now, not only are these new customers not syncing up, but customers who reorder are also missing a lot of information. For example, a regular customer who typically selects delivery chose to physically pick up her order. Now her address is missing from the customer screen. Wanted to create a custom invoice for another customer but she wasn't even listed!

What's going on here???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for posting about this, @alyssaissofine.

I couldn't find anything indicating that this is a known issue or bug, but it definitely sounds like it isn't working right. Have you contact our support team yet? I recommend contacting them so they can investigate and escalate it if something needs to be fixed.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Adam -

I contacted Square support on the phone Tuesday - still no resolution. The rep I spoke with said that it was a very strange problem, but couldn't find any reason for it. It's been escalated, but no response.

On another note, I was transferred over to Weebly support directly after that call due to being booted off my app in the middle of using it, and being unable to log in with a bug that stated "Square Online Store doesn't work on mobile just yet." Also no resolution and my app has been completely worthless.

It's been a pretty bad week. Would love some explanations.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Did you get that error from the POS app or the Weebly mobile app? If you are trying to manage your Square Online store, then you should be able to do that with a mobile browser if needed.

Adam
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Error steirictly from Weebly app. Yeah I can still access it from mobile web, but it's more difficult to navigate, and I have to sign in again frequently when it times out. It's not a matter of "If needed." Of course it's needed. It's a tool that I've been accustomed to using for several months with no problems with the Weebly app. Now I can't even log-in. It's extraordinarily frustrating to be in someone's driveway with their delivery, but you can't mark it as shipped from the Weebly app. So you go to POS to look up the transaction. But the customer field is mostly blank because their details didn't migrate over from the online store when the transaction was placed. So then you have to log in to the mobile web page, then find the online store, then wait to be redirected to Weebly, then deal with their mobile version of orders... It's doable, but it's a complete pain in the butt. I updated my app on 7/21 in the am. I made a few deliveries as normal. Suddenly was booted off the app while in a driveway and haven't been able to access since. Deleted, re-downloaded, restarted phone, everything. No luck.

Message 5 of 7
Admin

I checked and we have a bug open with our engineers about this - it looks like it only affect some accounts. Hopefully it won't take too long to resolve.

In the meantime, have you considered switching to using delivery instead of shipping? Obviously this does not resolve the frustration of needing to use a mobile browser right now, though delivery does have other options that make for a better experience (like limiting to a specific radius or zip code, charging a delivery fee, prep and delivery estimates, and text alerts).

Adam
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Okay will wait for resolution I guess. Fingers crossed sooner than later.

I appreciate your suggestion to use delivery. I wanted to use that option until I learned (from another Square rep) that there is a standard $0.50 fee paid by me for each transaction accepted for delivery... Even when I'm the one doing the delivery. Which means that accepting orders for delivery in a radius costs me more than just accepting a normal order for shipping and then delivering it myself. I've been using a coupon code for free local delivery and allowing customers to sort it out that way. Not gonna charge myself to deliver an order... It's a cool feature to have a delivery radius but totally absurd to pass the fee along to the business.

Message 7 of 7