x
Highlighted
AJCCo

Seeking Stylus Compatible with new Square terminal

I recently upgraded to the new Square terminal.  The stylus I had used with my cell phone is not compatible with the screen on the new terminal (it makes no Mark's on the screen).  Can you recommend a brand or type of stylus that will work with the screen on Square's new terminal?  Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GlassDale Super Seller

Re: Seeking Stylus Compatible with new Square terminal

I wish Square would come up with a stylus that's compatible with the Register customer facing display too.  I'm not sure if one for the Terminal would also work on the Register.

Message 2 of 4
MarcusMJ

Square Terminal needs a stylus

The Square stand alone terminals do not support the use of a stylus.  Our Salon members and clients prefer a stylus, especially when using the Square Terminal due to its small size.  We are presently in a discussion mode in respect to returning the terminals and returning to the use of Android Tablets for our Salon transactions.  Is anyone else experiencing this challenge with the Stand Alone units?  Thoughts?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Square Terminal needs a stylus

Hi @MarcusMJ!

At this time styluses are not supported with Square Terminal. The reason the touch screen for Terminal is built with extra security features, and this extra layer of protection means you can't use a stylus with Terminal.

I'm really sorry to hear you might return your Terminals. If any styluses are compatible in future we'll let you know here.

Message 4 of 4